adopt an older mouse?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

adopt an older mouse??

At the animal shelter where i am doing some work experience they have a few mice that are looking for a home... however they are over a year old already. I really would like to care for mice again, i have had them before and i think it would be nice to adopt. What are peoples views on adopting a mouse already half it's expected life span?

I believe in a thing called love ~ just listen to the rhythm of my heart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dusty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chloe

Mildred + her 3 friends

Jellybean + Caesar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 11:42 AM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

I would adopt them anyways, because they would be able to live the rest of their lives in peace and know they are loved.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
they would be able to live the rest of their lives in peace and know they are loved
That's what i think too... but now i am wondering whether i can cope with more frequent deaths! i don't think i am too bad, i am 15 now which is about 4 years since i last had mice. And i think it would be worth it because the happiness i will get, and the mice too... and the shelter would be so happy to see them go to a good home i am so charitable! lol

Dusty

Chloe

Mildred + her 3 friends

Jellybean + Caesar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

If you're anything like me, you should stay away. My mouse died over a year ago and I'm still really sad. Good luck!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Aw! bless u! It was difficult for a while... but i think i realise now when they've had a good life etc... just get good pictures while theyr well and happy and then you can remember them forever i had a mouse called Thunder about 4 yrs ago...he had to be put down because he had a tumour that was stopping him from walking + feeding properly - i think it was from toxic ink in newspapers. i don't use that anymore! you learn as you go along.

Dusty

Chloe

Mildred + her 3 friends

Jellybean + Caesar
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

My mouse died from a tumor, I think. She had a hunched back and was very listless, and the next morning, Christmas morning, she was dead.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 02:36 PM
I Own an Egg Pooper

I am so sorry Natalie. My precious Monty died from a tumor over this past summer as well, and I have been missing him ever since. But he did inspire a huge love of mice for me, and I now have 5 beautiful mousie girls who I love just as much.

And as for the post, hehe, I think you should adopt them, because a year with them will be worth it for you, and they will live a happy life!

-Tare

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Cool! Thanks everyone!

Dusty

Chloe

Mildred + her 3 friends

Jellybean + Caesar

Tags
animal shelter