Advice? Maxie's Behavior Toward Achilles? - Page 5 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Hey, Vlad! Just checking to see how our Maxie is doing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Breyer, Hi!

By the way, I can't get over how beautiful your photos on your signature are, of Stan and Russie...just gorgeous, beautiful boys. It is so nice to see their sweet faces when I see a post of yours. Keeps them in my mind all the time.

And your sweet kitty Max too. What a face!

Well, to answer your question, Maximus is doing great as far as post-neuter recovery. He was really only a bit uncomfortable that first day or so and the ibuprofen helped I am sure. He is just like the regular Maxie again, but we have noticed some slow changes.
He is not marking with urine anymore (not that we ever cared about that, of course) and he is a bit more licky with us than he was before so that is nice! Still very hyper and "full of beans" as we say, which will probably be how is always is and he can get a bit rambunctious with his brother still, but we think a lot of his bullying has mellowed out. So far, so good!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #63 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 05:31 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

How is Achilles reacting to the change in Max?

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 07:58 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

That sounds great, Vlad! And yes, how is Achilles taking it all in? (And thank you for your comment about my signature. It makes me happy to see them, too. )

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #65 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

We think Achilles is the same happy boy as always, with the added change in that he is not freezing up/scared like he was doing before, and he has pinned Maximus a bit more often than he used to, but not in a forceful mean spirited way or anything...more in a fun, tussling kind of way. Achilles seems like a big happy pudge to us and of course he is still marking mom and dad like crazy, ha ha.

So all in all, from what we can observe, Achilles seems like a genuinely happy ratty. Full of bruxes and loving the pets and kisses and cuddles like always. I hope we are correct!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #66 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladina View Post
We think Achilles is the same happy boy as always, with the added change in that he is not freezing up/scared like he was doing before, and he has pinned Maximus a bit more often than he used to, but not in a forceful mean spirited way or anything...more in a fun, tussling kind of way. Achilles seems like a big happy pudge to us and of course he is still marking mom and dad like crazy, ha ha.

So all in all, from what we can observe, Achilles seems like a genuinely happy ratty. Full of bruxes and loving the pets and kisses and cuddles like always. I hope we are correct!
Achilles can read rat body language better than you, so he's your true barometer on how Max is progressing in his diminishing hormones/attitude. It sounds like its going just great!!!

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #67 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Ahhh, great point Lilspaz! You are a wise Ratty Buddha, did you know that?

That is always a good thing to remember, and I just wish I could read rats as well as rats can. I wish I could talk to them. The best we silly humans can do is to try to gauge their happiness and health levels by close observation and reading their body language the best we can, eh? But, yes, if Achilles seems happy, then it makes me feel good that he is getting "good" readings from his brother. Terrific!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #68 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Official Loofah Tester

Ratty Buddha. Hehe.

I'm so happy to hear this! It sounds like you're well on your way to ratty harmony.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
post #69 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, thanks Story! Ratty harmony seems to be occuring more every day!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #70 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 06:18 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Ratty Buddha...hahaha...that's a new one for me!!

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #71 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

It works!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #72 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Official Loofah Tester

I suppose it's more flattering than Ratty Booty.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
post #73 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Ha ha, yes!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith