ALCHOL for Rodents??????? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Exclamation ALCHOL for Rodents???????

Can rats or mice have alchol of any kind? I keep seeing on theis other group about mice that they are giving them wine. burben and rum plus the corks that go in. also the advice they have given me before have killed my mice before or made them sick. I only talk to a few people on there but It upsets me becuase I thought Alchol was not good ofr any critter.
can any one tell me so I can at lest know and be able to tell some of my other frineds weather its safe or not to try.
Diamond
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Hello Earthling

I personally who not give any alcohol to any animal. With mice and rats being so small even a little tiny bit could possibly hurt them.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

I dont know if it would hurt them or not, but why risk it? it seems highly unnecessary, theres plenty of other healthy treats you could give them. Let your ratties live above the influence

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 04:06 AM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

It's a nogo for any and all animals imo.

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Thats what I thought btu it never hurts to ask. I have seen people give beer to their dog and have givena small drop or 2 to mine but thats in a blue moon and they really dont like it. and the drop is on my finger. My one cat dose but shes crazy and she dont need anything eals to make her more crazier. She has a mean streck in her when it comes to the belly and if you scratch her butt to long And I dont what her crazyness and meaness to get worse.
Thanks for the info. I personally didn not think that it was good for them and I would never give them any but there is alot of stuff I didnt know they coudl have like peanuts but I have heard some are allergic to them so I dont give them any incase one is this way its equal for every one.
Diamond
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 04:21 AM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

I've seen a horse that loved beer... weird but kinda fun.
On the other hand, I would never give something I know hurts the system, no matter who you are, to an animal.

Whasps get agressive because of rotten fruite (alcohole). I know this is not vertebrates.. but still

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 04:34 AM
RAT ADDICT

Oh no! Never give them any alcohol!
I wouldn't even dream of that...I am curious to what group your in,because if they are giving advice like that out...well someone needs to give them REAL advice.

As for the peanut thing,peanuts can break down enzymes in a rat and that is why they should only be fed in moderation.As for peanut butter,in big amounts/globs...rats can choke.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Its on Yahoo Groups called valeriesmiceparadise. all together like that. they are evil to me only a few have been nice. When I wanted help in breeding my mice and starting form scratch they wonderful to me and told me what to do and I posted it and all other info on my web then the chastized me for it when I psoted pictures of my mice. Maybe they get a thrill out of doing this sorta stuff or they were jelouse that my littler of Pet shop mice came out with show or close to show coats which was my goal.
I know peanut butter they can choke on so they only get a little bit but i dont give them any nuts what so ever. I dont give my cat any even when she wants it and like I siad my dogs hate it when tred them becuase they were begging me and know when I drink onece in a blue moon they leave me alone I just have to lock my one crazy cat up. What I ment to say was a gave my dogs a drop or 2 and they didnt like it. Sorry if I misworded it I some times do that.
Diamond

Tags
food for rodents