Another Oldie Leaves Me - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Another Oldie Leaves Me

http://lilspazrats.wikispaces.com/Simcoe

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh Lilspaz, I just read your memorial. I am so sorry.

I feel like with so many of your kids passing away recently that I sound like a broken record, always saying the same (probably useless) condolences, but I AM so sorry.

It was so nice that Simcoe finally turned to you for comfort when his brother passed and he needed someone. That was wonderful.

As always, I am glad this handsome boy made it to your loving home. He was a very lucky boy indeed.

Kisses and cuddles to you, Simcoe. Play free.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

It helps to hear it. This is my grief therapy. Sharing his life or least time with me, then reading the replies...this heals my aching heart.

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I am glad it helps. It helped me loads when my boys passed away to know I was not alone in my sadness. The forum is a nice place to come to for cyber shoulders to cry on when we lose one of our babies.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Adolescent Pup

I, too, grieve for and with you every time one of them dies. I am at least comforted by the fact that they died as old ratties in a home that loved them.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 01:22 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Absolutely, agreed, Aprilleigh, nicely said. I wish that for all animals.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Official Loofah Tester

I'm sorry I've not been very chatty lately and missed this thread. I remember Simcoe from another thread and he caught my attention then. What an opinionated man. Though it's sad, I always smile when I read a new memorial. I always think, there's another one who lived out their life with love.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

That IS a very good way to look at it Storyseeker. There is nothing to be sad about when you know that another ratty lived out his or her life feeling safe, happy and loved.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Playful Pup

I am so sorry for you loss love. You must be having a rough time with many of your ratties passing on, I admire you for the gorgeous memorials you make every one of them. Rest in peace Simcoe, you were one mighty handsome rat. <3 sent your way

My animals are my babies:
Cats: Abegale, Figaro, Chud and Adalynn
Ferrets: Panda & Fox
Mice: Nakotah, Raina and Esme (all white)
Rats: Ava (white&gray) and Isabel *new addition* Opal and Zuri (part siamese)
My Parents Cats (I love them like they are my own): Cutie, Grey, Precious, Milo, Belindo (aka Billy), Oreo, Pepper, Koda and Fluffers

Rest in Peace all my babies I miss you dearly:
Mice: Sable (March 2013), Piper (March 2012), Kayleigh (Dec 31, 2011), Eleanor, Analeghsia, Chloe and Zoey.
My Kitties I grew up with: Babs, Gonzo. Moon and Angel
My kitties who never came back home: Peach and Buster
I miss you all, you will forever hold a place in my Heart <3
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerclara1987 View Post
I am so sorry for you loss love. You must be having a rough time with many of your ratties passing on, I admire you for the gorgeous memorials you make every one of them. Rest in peace Simcoe, you were one mighty handsome rat. <3 sent your way
I have more on the way Summerclara1987, 3 chronically ill 32 month old boys that I took in at 23 months, they just keep going One frail spunky tiny tumour-y girl who is also 33 months, with no health issues other than the obvious, another 33 month old boy who is old but in decent shape, Cesar the 21 month old who is/was terribly ill...he had an untreated URI for months and months before I got him, Dexter came from the same home and he's 24 mo, but doing much better. Alvin, pulmonary abscesses (21 mo), Tyr, 25 months, undergoing surgery for a large mammary tumour removal tomorrow (worried I am going to lose him), Ophelia (28 mo), healthy except I just found an inguinal tumour in a terrible place...its small so fingers crossed it grows slowly on my feisty girl. Five halfie girls (26 mo) who all have URI's now...medicating this lot without getting bitten is FUN , Flower, obese and 28 months old, but she's spayed and no URI's YAY! Hermes 2 surviving brothers (27 mo) both sick, Keiran, 25 mo, getting more frail, and on/off URI's..I think that's it for my oldies left LOL

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

Last edited by lilspaz68; 09-06-2012 at 05:45 AM.