Anyone Have Rex Rats?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Cool Anyone Have Rex Rats??

Hey all since i raise my own gerbils, rats and mice i figured id drop in here, i was just wondering does anyone here have Rex rats?? I have a breeder pair of jumbo rex rats that have been doing very well and mom has had several litters, first litter was 18 pups.. My male bred with a non rex female to and i got 4 babies out of that litter that was rex.. I will take few pics of them tomarrow and post um for yaz to see...

Enter House At Own Risk Tarantulas Loose Everywhere... Critter Freak!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 11:57 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

I have before, but no ratties for me at the moment. I love the rex, they're so cute, I can't wait to see the pics! Do you keep any for pets?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 02:53 PM
Indecision Queen

No Rexes here just hairless!
But I think the rex are so cute, there's justsomething about a curly haired animal.
AngelaT

~Angela and the group~
Oscar~ Male Crested Gecko
Burt~ Male Leopard Gecko
Ernie~ Male Leopard Gecko
Candy~ Female Ball Python
Gidget~ Female Leopard Gecko
Paige~ Female Cholcolate Chihuahua
Marley~ Female Harlequin Great Dane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2003, 09:14 AM
Adolescent Pup

a friend of mine had a rex rat.. he was mated to a regular rat and had 2 rex babies

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Sorry i didnt get the pics posted been real cruddy out and i didnt feel like walking out to the barn to take pics, JR is the one that cares for all the breeders and feeders.. and yes we do have few out there that are pets.. Gona snap some pics today and will get um posted as soon as i do... sorry for the wait... My oldest always comes over and picks 2 out of a litter for her pets and takes um home...

Enter House At Own Risk Tarantulas Loose Everywhere... Critter Freak!!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 05:06 PM
DaisyHillRats

I have one female dumbo rex named Avery. I plan on breeding her with my hairless (yes, he's a true hairless, not a double rex) and seeing what comes out! I'm breeding for health and temperament, but I'm curious to see what coat types we will have!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 12:55 AM

I have lots of rex rats and satin coats too. All my rats are now Dumbos even my Siamese blue points and siamese blue point hairless dumbos :-D
I just had 3 litters and they keep me busy but I am retired now and this is my full time hobby. I adore my rats and have had them for over 20 years :-D I am a rataholic giggle!
www.lilratscal.com

Carole and her Lil Ratscals
www.lilratscal.com
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 05:49 PM
Newborn Pup

rexs are great! i have some and just love the fur!

<:3 )~~~~
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 03:04 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

oohhhh! I always loved rats!, I had 6 of them at one time but they all got bumps and skin cancer- it was horrible! I've never seen such health problems develope in animals in such a short time. mine were mostly hooded rats, solid beige too. But if I ever get another I would like a rex rat or 2. But right now I'm up to my ears in guinea pigs so I have to cool it on the rodents for awhile. Good thing you live far from me since you breeding

Tags
guinea pig