Awwwww... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Thumbs down Awwwww...

I just have two rats now,as ya'll know.Kahlua and Rascal.
Well I just found BOTH of them hate being outside.That truly sucks,because I like taking my rats to parks and festivals and promoting them and letting people see them and dispelling myths.

My beloved Ninja LOVED being outdoors and was a good candidate for these kinds of outings.

But well Kahlua and Rascal were never out until now and they hated.They freaked out big time and Rascal almost got away,he was so scared he booted it.Fortunatly he cornered himself and I caught him.

But no more.
It just sucks,because my babies don't like it outside...so no outings for them.Just thought I would share.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That's too bad. I was very sorry to hear about Ninja. He was clearly a very special rat.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 04:00 PM

aw hugs!

perhaps you will get another special rat in the future
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Will It Ever Change?

aww thats a bummer. my timmy hates being outside too, he hides in my armpit

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

It's okay.I love my two boys very,very much! It just sucks that they don't like outside.But thats okay,we can have fun times indoors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvboyrats View Post
That's too bad. I was very sorry to hear about Ninja. He was clearly a very special rat.
He was.And even tho I seem fine today...inside it's really painful.I miss him sooo much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarita2004 View Post
aw hugs!

perhaps you will get another special rat in the future
Maybe.
I am not looking much at the moment,but I do want another rat.
I just put looking on hold right now tho.

* Lisa *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Playful Pup

Looks like you'll just have to bring pictures for those outings of dispelling. lol Poor little guys!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomyPaws View Post
Looks like you'll just have to bring pictures for those outings of dispelling. lol Poor little guys!
Yeah.
I have tons of rat positve pamphlets,caresheets and stuff like that which I pass out.So I will just use them.

Another thing tho...there is a pet expo coming up and I was entered in the "pet parade" thing with my rats.To show people that rats are greyt! But I cannot take my two boys! Oh well.

* Lisa *

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:34 AM

Kara took Figaro for a walk outside once. LOL. We were able to follow his path back to the house. He pretty much sat on her shoulder but yeah more effective than bread crumbs that trail was. Anyway I am sorry to hear that your Ratties won't come out to play with people at festivals.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That was hilarious. We took figgy out for a little outing and the great outdoors literally scared the poo out of him!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

haha Loveboyrats; thats pretty funny!
well, I'm sorry to hear about your boysies Lisa, I only take my Rayray out with me, the others are either to clumsy or to hyper to come out LOL!
Good luck!

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Thanks.
Hehehe...poor Figgy!

* Lisa *

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

The only time I can take mine out is in the fall or winter when I'm wearing a hoodie. They go around my neck and somewhat hide.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Aww that sucks Lisa all of my rats love going outside with me! I take them out to raise awareness of pet rats too. My girls prefer it more than my boys coz its all new smells and sounds etc!!!

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Yeah Caszamps! I like that; to raise awareness of pet rats; It's amazing how many people i come across that actually do like them I find!
But most dont

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I saw a lady with 2 rats on her shoulder today with little harness's and leashes...they were so adorable...I am so sorry your 2 don't like the outdoors, I know how much you like taking them around

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley