Babies Are Here - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Babies Are Here

Tattoie finnally had her babies!!!!. She had 11 only 8 remain this is here 1st litter. She was having some problems at first but after we got her in the car and 15 min donw the road she got the 1st bigg one out then the rest followed. I recalled my vet and she said that it was proably positioned wrong and with us moving her around it was enough to get out. The 1st one was not doing that great and the next 2 after due to stress. But the others were very livly and kicking. She is doing great now. I would have gotten pictures of the birth but she kept pulling my hand in the cage and if it wasnt in there she would flip out and try to get out so it was hard for me or my fieonce to take any till after wards.
Her mom Baton and Cheyenne the nanny rat are with her. So far its only Grandma and Tattoie. They are so cute one has no dark pigment so he will either be a red or ruby eyes. I think I have 4 each 4 males 4 females. I already have homes for 2 grils and a male. Plus I'll proably keep some. Some look like dumbos. granted i can tell when little but they can change while growing.
I'm so proud my baby had them I was getting impationt. Granted they have no color startign or fur there still cute.
Diamond

OH MY GOD they are sssssooooo cute I cant wait to see what they beocme as in color wise and weather they will be d-rex-or rex. Plus the grand father to the babies is a dumbo.
Diamond
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 10:27 PM

Aww congrats! They are sooo cute!!
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Thanks I thinkn one will be albino becuase were the pigment is its pink and I hope he is a Double rex like his mom and dad. the others are getting darkers which is good to help with my Rex and Velvtines which some are siamese to help improve my show coats I'm going for, there is a lady that wants to take 3 of mine at lest in trade for some of hers that i have been looking for including the show hood to help improve mine.
I'm gonna wait a little longer before I post pics they are now 3 days old so I'll wait another 5 days to post their development. I hope all your ratties are doing good. Did you come up with some names yet? The mom is names rattatoie but tattoie for short me and my fienoce had a desput about what to call her I wanted star wars he wanted the movie. So we compermized so its Rattatoie Tattoie and the dad is the same but better quality Double Rex black named YODA. So we'll proably name the babies after star wars. lol I'm a huge fan.
Diamond
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 07:37 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

What do you mean by show coat? None of my breeder friends mention that. Are you talking show quality markings?

Will you be showing your rats?

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

yes I mean show markings. and I have not shown yet but would like to if they are ever in my area and not to far away the closest is NY or reading pa about 4 hours away and ny state is 3 hours from me depending on were at in ny state and ny city thats a good 5 to 6 hours, I wouldn't mindtraviling but its when am able to seems like when they have a show is when I'm busy.
I am trying to get them to come here and i held a rodent fest this year at out local fair more less to intro people to the show world and give them info on it so hopefully next summer or fall we can get some judges. I am going by the ARFMA standards but diffrent clubs very an the club I have here is Rot-Taz-Tic Rodents and Friends that follow the the guid lines of that club and is affileated or assoceated with them but there is a lot more that I have to do to get it fully running and before I register my breeder name with them for breeding or and club stuff to say part of or a branch off of, I have my breeder name with them but not registered as in they have it but I jsut have to send in the money order and i have been taking care of other stuff before I do that. I want some more longer lines but I' takign care of stuff as in personal right now.
But I would love to one day show them but Im working on the show quality for if I am able to show in the future or if any one gets a rat off me they can have the opertuninty to show it. Some I have are what they consider pet class show which I foucse on for thouse who want a pet with the same qualitys as in health and temper and all but not show.
To me a rat is a rat and no matter what color they are they are all winners in my book becuase I dont judege them in my book but for the show ring you have to be pasific about certion things being a certion way. The ARFMA dont reconize the Double rex yet but reconizes what would be consider. Although I havent visited in about 3 months so I have to go back in and see what new. I know they reconized 1 or 2 diffrent once recently they had it posted when checked last about 3 months ago they had new pictures up. But yes that is what I ment.
I work with mice, rats, dwarf hamsters and Gerbils and Guinea Pigs. My females are from a breeder and I plan on here in the next couple of days breeding them one will be a crest abby mix but she dont have the corect abby coat its a cross between the long and abby so hoping the crest will help with the mo hawk look the abby has.
But any way all the babies are kicking and sweeking and they are getting a little darker as I said I will keep updated on them and post pictures in the next couple of days on their development.
Diamond
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Very cute! Looks like she wants to be a great mama!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

She is wonderful. This is her 1st litter. She is more like a male as in cuddly and layed back but she is playful and outgoing like a female when we are out in about. She love people oh my God and little kids. She is my shoulder Monkey.
Diamond
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

ok I cant wait to take more pictures but I haveot go to my parents tomorrow so when i get back I will take some post on my web that then on here. they are getting darker some but I think the one is albino oh i hope he had his parents coat or a rex coat. I want to name them all after star wars. Sice their paretns are Tattoie the mom and Yoda the dad. I have a few rolling around but I also had some old mice named wookie, chewbaca, and vader, so I can use them I only have 2 mice after star war Organa and leia. But if any one has sugestions so I can write them down and when eyes open get their personaliys and match them up to the names I would apershate it. I was thinking of calling the light one after that white camel lookign thing Luke and Han were riding in the snow but forgot what it was called. And Wookie would be cute for a boy or girl.
Well I'll get some new ones up soon. then post some more proably a couple days after that.
Diamond
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Diamond can you make your posts a little less extensive and ummm...rambling? They are hard to read and they go from here to there, waaay off topic.

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

I think you need to start a ratty blog instead

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilspaz68 View Post
Diamond can you make your posts a little less extensive and ummm...rambling? They are hard to read and they go from here to there, waaay off topic.
Or at least put them in paragraphs or something, because they are difficult to read.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 01:35 PM

Cute, she's lactating and everything? I love pinkies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrWoodyspets View Post
Or at least put them in paragraphs or something, because they are difficult to read.
Yeah, and spell better, please. O.o Please! Slow down typing or something, we'll be here when you're done.
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Can we see some more pictures of the babes? Oh my, they must have fur or close to getting fur! Well I guess some will porbably be hairless, but isn't the dad a regular rat?

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 02:41 AM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

sorry I like to talk. lol I really am not the good of speller and the spell check for this on here will not open on my computer like the manage attacments, so I try the best I can.
But any way she is not a hairless she is a Double Rex and so was the dad. Tattoie has more of a hairless look at times but very thin currles hair that growns slightly at times here and there. She is a poor d-rex which makes her look more hairless, the father is a better exsample. They are only 4 days old going on 5. They should start showing some hair. I will be amazed if they all are hairless but I am hopeing to get some.
I know hairless can make bad moms becuase they ushally dont produce enough milk or any, so if I ever do get to have a hairless and breed I would either have to breed another female to help with raising the pups or a good cerigent mother. Either that or rare them myself.
I will get more pics here in the next day or 2. They are mostly dark like the dad and few look like they may be like mom and have a patched coat. But if they are all dark them it means the the father had or is a black or dark thrower which is good becuase I like the black. Tattoie is Agouti patched athough she looks pink and lavender and the father is a self black but looks like a purplish blue becuase he is skin and thin fur. they look so funny. All the babies are fat and you can see milk in thier bellys still. Oh they are so figety but when you hold them they are so mellow.
I'll get more pictures in the next day or to so you can see how they are.
Diamond
post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 02:48 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

Oops I am sorry. She does look a lot like a hairless, but I am no rat expert! Lol. Can't wait to see the bubbers, they are so cute!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

Tags
rat babies