Baby Mouse ! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Baby Mouse !

My son and I were walking our dogs (Irish Setter and Hound/Mutt) when Lucas looked down and found on the pavement a pink slightly gray baby mouse. It was moving so I picked it up and brought it home. We have had the little guy for a week now.

Feeding him Esbliac Goats milk (can) mixed with whipping cream and water. 1 part formula, 1 part whipping cream, 2 parts water. You see at first we believed him to be a baby squirrel so I checked with website for squirrels and this formula was recommended.

Mr. Squeakers is gray with whiskers and getting hair now. He is very active and I am able to feed him with a small syringe.

Should I change his formula to the kitten kind? He's about 1.5 inches long. Eyes still closed.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 11:12 PM

awww! It sounds so cute! I would love to see pics! Sorry I don't know anything about the right formula for it. I had a runt mouse that was dying and I fed it cats milk and it lived, but I don't know if that was the best for the mouse, but it was the only thing I'd ever read to feed them so that's what I got. Now he's a happy little boy, only half the size of the other though.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 04:47 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

If he is doing well on the stuff you are giving him, I'd probably keep his diet the same as this is what he is used to, however if you find out that he needs kitten food in his diet (I don't know lol) Than just mix some in with the stuff you are already giving because you don't want to upset him by giving him something different. However, I am not a mouse expert so thats just what I think
Good luck!! xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

We lost Mr. Squeakers last night. I had been concerned that he wasn't getting any bigger and filling out. He ate very well but never really grew. I was so sad. We had him for little over a week and a half.

Thanks for the help.