bad news >.< - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

bad news >.<

i haven't been on in awhile, and here's why...

our house is breaking up!

>.<

we're not sure who's going to keep the rats... right now we are in a custody battle. wish me luck guys, any advice you have will be appreciated.

thunder, Thunder, THUNDERRATS HOOOOOO~!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 10:39 AM
Adolescent Pup

the easiest way might be to split the rats 50/50. Also who bought/rescued the rats? If you take this to court thats what a judge will ask. And they will go to that person

"E"
wife to "G" 9/07
Mama to
"A" 6/07
"D" 3/09
And tons of fur babies

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

everything is split literally down the middle. And i just found out his name is the one on file with the vet as both of ours are with the people who rescued them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 11:26 AM
is a little "special"

Awww. Im sorry. I hope you get to keep some of your babies!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

me too, i honestly didn't think he would want to keep them because i never see him spend time with them. We knew the house was breaking up when we got them just not this soon.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 11:56 AM
Playful Pup

bad news

I know what it is like to go through a break up and then to have everything up in the air but keep faith it will turn out .I would go to him and say " I want the rats you dont spend time with them and i love them " If he wants to keep them make a deal give him one and you keep the others .
Hopefully this all works out the way you want it .
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

unfortunately i think he may win this, he's making the point that here 4 people will take care of them, and where i'm going there will only be me. Also it's pretty cold here and he's saying that travelling with them, will be bad for their health and that they will be under a lot of stress... also bad for their health.

he's actually surprising me right now...

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 01:55 PM
Playful Pup

bad news

Well maybe you will both figure it out you are both adults and will get it all worked out for what is best for you both
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 02:40 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

As hard as it is, try to think of what is best in the end for the rats. Don't break up bonded pairs or groups because one you like a lot but he wants the other.

Good luck with this mess, and I am very sorry

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

here's the ugly details;

1. we talked about this before and he wasn't sure, so i told him if skaven and dart weren't ready to travel he could keep them. So we have avoided any further socialization for them with Quee.

2. Quee is everybody's favorite rat, people have started to come over just to see him. That's part of the reason, he'll still be living in a group house and i won't be so he won't be getting the same constant interaction of someone always being at home, and him always being out of the cage if he will with me.

3. because i thought he was coming with me i made all my plans around him, however taking him and out of the house with these weather conditions could be dangerous and as we'd be travelling for awhile i was always concerned with his health...

it may be better for him to keep them all, but i've just never had to give up a pet before so i'm fighting it but i don't really have any good solid argument for why they would be better off with me. the time he doesn't spend with them the community does.

(he's also finally doing everything i asked him to do months ago for them. like build toys bigger enclosures etc.)

he also makes the point that i shouldn't be so attached yet and he thinks the rats are more bonded with him then me.

i don't know its just ugly, and we had this happen on my birthday no less >.<

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I am so sorry, no one should have to choose to leave their furry babies behind

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

thanks we're still talking about it... now it's "you can get more"

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 04:02 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

good luck i hope everything turns out well

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Official Loofah Tester

I know this is tough for you. I read this last night and have been thinking of you constantly since. I know you'll do what's best, whatever that is.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Playful Pup

bad news

I can only offer that if they stay with him you need to still go and visit with them. I do on another hand wish you a happy birthday and hope all works out for you and your rats

Tags
care, custody, roommate, travel