Best Mouse setup? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Best Mouse setup?

Well...my remaning baby mouse is about 2 1/2 weeks old now. She is starting to be very active, exploring and what not. I expect her to be fully weaned in about 3 weeks. I think right now I'm gonna move her out of the nursing tank.

Could you tell me what a good setup is for an adult female mouse? Like, what things I should put in the cage. i know a wheel, food and water, etc. But what are some good stimulating things I could also add to her home??

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Will It Ever Change?

cut a kleenex box in half and it can be a hutch, i have a small flower pot (ceramic, holds about 1cup) that i filled half with timothy hay, my mice sit in it and much, it's cute. toilet paper tube (tp free), i take th elid of the rolling floor ball, and put the ball inthe cage, they use it like a cave.

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 06:08 PM

Mice are very social, if you dont get another female to keep her company she will get lonely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 08:27 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl
Mice are very social, if you dont get another female to keep her company she will get lonely.
I agree.She needs a female cagemate.Mice are very,very social and thrive in the company of other miceys.

Tubes,cardborad boxes and things like that make excellant play toys for mice.A wheel is good.

I put beach rocks (pre-boiled) in their cage too,which they like to climb up on and plus it keeps their nails trim.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Okay. I already asked in the other thread but in case no one sees it...should I get her a companion now or wait until she is weaned? Does it matter if I get one her cage? Because I would not want to pull a baby from it's mom just because she is lonley. She won't be weaned another 2 weeks at least.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 09:50 AM

I would wait until she is weaned to get the cagemate. The cagemate should already be weaned too.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 03:39 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl
I would wait until she is weaned to get the cagemate. The cagemate should already be weaned too.
Agrees!I just replied to your other thread,so I don't feel the need to repeat myself!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Tags
timothy hay