bit me - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 04:33 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

bit me

so as some of you know iv been graced with my cutie ellie iv been handling her all the time she runs up my arm across my shouldres n back down and all is good expect for today... I decided to put her on my shouldre n we were alone in the room so no noise and i turned around to grab something and she bit me in the face.....Im not sure what would make her bite me i just know it hurt more then being bit on the fingers. ..... any suggestions as to why she would of bit. I still love her and being stuborn after putting her in time out back in her cage i took her out about 3 hours later n she was back to cleaning me....

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 04:43 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

What type of bite, a nip, a hard pinching bite but no skin breakage, or a bite with blood? Where on your face did she bite. Generally I don't let "strange" rats near my face until they know me better.

what did you do when she bit you?

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

she was sitting on my shouldres n had been there for awhile i turned my head and as i turned it back to check on her she bit like a hard bite no broken skin she bit me right on the cheek, I picked her up when she bit me very calm looked at her and said no that is bad and put her in her cage for a time out

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 04:53 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbler View Post
she was sitting on my shouldres n had been there for awhile i turned my head and as i turned it back to check on her she bit like a hard bite no broken skin she bit me right on the cheek, I picked her up when she bit me very calm looked at her and said no that is bad and put her in her cage for a time out
Yeah that's typical, don't let her near your face until you totally trust her. When she bites, you "eep", putting her away won't do a thing. They are like dogs, immediate "correction" is necessary.

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

i just dont get why she would bite thou cuz she runs up my arm and in the back on my shouldre and back down as she loves to climb on me. today was an off day i gusse

By Anonymous

Tags
face bite