Biting. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Biting.

So, Here lately I have been letting out Jack & Annie and letting them run around and play. I have noticed that Annie likes to bite toes. And I was "tickling" Jack and he bit me. I don't know what to do about it. Its starting to get annoying when Annie is out and I have to hide my feet from him so he won't bite my toes, he also does this to my husband.

Jack hasn't bit me again since the "tickling" accident, but, now I am deffinatley more cautious with them.

Britany.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud USMC Wife.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud mommie of 2 dogs & Some Fish.
American Bulldog : Chesty.
Chihuahua/Terrier Mix : Beethoven.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 07:48 PM

Rats clean off dead skin, and there is a lot of it on feet in the form of callouses. I have assumed that is why they bite feet, mine do it too, but there may be other reasons. I'm not 100% positive on this one though.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Mine bites my feet if I'm wearing socks, and she bites me if I tickle her, but it's definitely play biting, it doesn't hurt. She also grooms me a lot so she scrapes her teeth on my skin and she's very comfortable with me so she scrapes hard! I have to remind her I'm not a rat, but she doesn't care haha
If you're not bleeding from the bite or it doesn't REALLY hurt I would say they're just grooming you or playing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Its nothing that makes me bleed but, it kinda hurts... I guess if it don't bleed it don't hurt that bad.

Britany.

Proud USMC Wife.
Proud mommie of 2 dogs & Some Fish.
American Bulldog : Chesty.
Chihuahua/Terrier Mix : Beethoven.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

NO one is quite sure why rats must slay the Sock Monster but they sure do try. For serious sock biters take off your socks, for serious feet biters get slippers LOL.

As for the bite when tickling...how old is your boy? Did you tickle his sides, rump or back? When the hormones kick in, these are places you watch when you touch, as an attacking male goes for these spots, and sometimes they just react to what they perceive is an "attack". OR he is being rough in his play and needs a loud Eeep to remind him to be more gentle. I remove hands when they are getting too carried away...just fold them and tuck the hands away

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

Tags
biting