Breathing issues - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Breathing issues

Ok, I know I should take him to the vet but am unable to at this time. Here's the issue, my baby, Whiskers has just started having breathing problems, it's not a constant problem just occasionally. It actually just started 2 weeks ago. Anyway, sometimes his breathing will be fast and short, like mine is when I'm having an asthma attack, and he'll have a little bit of a rattle, but most of the time his breathing is fine and there's no rattle, none. My question is, how safe, or unsafe, would it be to use my nebulizer on my baby. I could water it down or only use it for a couple minutes. I need to do something to hold him over until I can get him to a vet. Any advice or other ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 07:26 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Unless its a pediatric nebulizer it won't work well on your rat. The micron size will be too large and he just won't get it.

You can try steaming him in the bathroom to see if it helps with congestion through. Just turn the shower on hot, and sit in there with him, on your lap, and watch him carefully. As the steam builds up, he should sneeze a few times and then start grooming. If he gets worse, and his breathing gets laboured get him out of there fast! You might be adding too much fluids to his lungs that are already full of fluid.

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
breathing, respiratory