Breeding program - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Breeding program

I am getting ready to start a breeding project to get hairless mice, the mice I purchased come from a very good mousery and both mice had fathers that were hairless so hopefully I will get some if not I will still keep the babies lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 06:13 AM
Official Loofah Tester

Yee! I can't wait to see them!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Yay! I can't wait either! Good Luck, and Wishing Good Healthy feelings to the soon-to-be-new-Mom's

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath."
~W.C. Fields
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Adolescent Pup

Good luck
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks guys! The female is VERY pregnant.

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Yeey!! I would love to have baby mice again for a little while, I miss the little cutie pies
PLEASE post lots of pics

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrWoodyspets View Post
Yeey!! I would love to have baby mice again for a little while, I miss the little cutie pies
PLEASE post lots of pics
I will! The mother is being very secretive so hopefully I will have babies in there in the next few days. If I don't get hairless I am interested in the colors I get. The father is a PEW and the mother is a Chocolate Fox.

post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 10:33 PM
Adolescent Pup

Do you know the colors of the grandparents?
Im great at mouse genetics, so if you ever need help, just let me know
New litters are so exciting!

1 Amazing Husband
1 Beautiful daughter
3 dogs, 2 Ferrets, 1 cat, 2 Doves 30+ fancy mice,4 turtles,
1 house bunny,55 gallon fish tank
& rescues

Last edited by windyhill; 04-25-2010 at 10:57 PM.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by windyhill View Post
Do you know the colors of the grandparents?
Im great at mouse genetics, so if you ever need help, just let me know
New litters are so exciting!
Yes, actually I do. The mothers father was a hairless with brothers and sisters the were chocolates and red brindle, and the mothers mother was a silver satin.

The fathers father was also hairless but had 3 sisters that were PEW and 8 brothers who were broken merle, variegated black and white and the fathers mother was Hereford who had siblings of silver black, blue point siamese, brindle and Roan.

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

The female which I have now named Alecto ( I think I am gonna stay with the Harry Potter names) has begun nesting.

post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Adolescent Pup

Thats so exciting! Keep us updated.

Love the name theme idea.

1 Amazing Husband
1 Beautiful daughter
& rescues

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

I wish you luck and hope that you get the hairless but with the colores you menchened I know that brindel and tans are dominet or can be. you could always do a gene chart or gene code thing like they do to determin if they know the code or gene resecive or dominet of the parents to determin the offspring. but i am betting more brindels and chcolates as you have menchened them the most and since the hairless runs in their that to you can always check out the ARFMA they have a lot of helpfull rat and mouse genetic stuff their and exspain it very simply even for me to undestand who gets confused on some stuff, I more of a show me a picture to get some things.
good luke

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Adolescent Pup

Brindles cant be carried, so its doubtful that any brindles will pop up unless one of the parents is an unmarked brindle.Tans could show up though

1 Amazing Husband
1 Beautiful daughter
& rescues

post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

I thought that brindels and tans were domit or could be if the parent was then angian I could be getting the tans and brindels mixed up but I know tans are. I have brindels and have not started to breed them yet nor my tans I am starting on the siamese now and the tans I am wait for the brindels but I think windy is right about the brindel I will admit I do at times get quite confussed on so things so I have to think or look at my notes. lol but somethings for me are harder to grasp and get then others. but give me a quite second here ok...........
http://www.afrma.org/brindlemice.htm
here is something on brindels since you menchend the brindels thank god for afrma with out them i think i would be lost. I love learning this stuff but some of it the way they exsplain its hars for me to get on some things and it takes me longer to get or I get it quickly but i have to remeber it like in my own way like a song or poem like aa is alway agouti writen in lower case lower case means recive
AA big letter is Aways Agouti Dominte ch is color point why and an h insted of p dont know why beat the H out of me.
but yep unless marked brindel like she said sorry about that. But their still could be if one is.
what are all the colors that you know of that mostly was in the litters that came the most out of from both sides of the parents and go from them then go on the coats, long, satin, rex, and so forth.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Adolescent Pup

Ive been breeding brindles for awhile. Any time you breed a brindle to another color mice (unless its letal yellow), you get brindles in the litter and they can either be marked or unmarked. Brindle isnt not fully dominant over Tan though. But I wont go into that,lol.
Neither one of the parents in this case sound like brindles(marked or unmarked) so its not likey to be any brindles.
Brindles are prone to being overweight and having breeding problems if you wait too long to breed them.

1 Amazing Husband
1 Beautiful daughter
& rescues

Tags
hairless, mice