Photos! Breeds? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Breeds?

What breeds do you think Archie and Harry are? I have no idea.... I think Harry is a Nude though. He's nakey nakey all the way, no coloring and has red eyes. Archie has hair on his head and face, although I'm noticing that it is slowly going away on top.

Archie is the sweetest thing! He loves his cuddles and caresses! He's not afraid of anything.
Harry has to go go go! In my shirt, on my head, buried in my hair in my neck, down my arm, everywhere! lol However, he gets nervous on a whim. He hides and crouches, stays very still and sways his head side to side. Funny. I think he smells more than he sees though.
Once they hear my voice they hop out of their Kleenex box from a nap, stretch, yawn and come up to give me kisses. They know who 'mama' is

Tonight they got to play with Oreo (first time for Harry). Harry just wanted to groom him and crawl on him. Oreo was fine with that. He groomed them a bit too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1643.jpg (29.6 KB, 9 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 10:04 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

i think perhaps double rex since they do have some peach fuzz on them.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 01:15 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Your boys sound SO sweet! I am sure they are both falling in love with you as their new "mama". I would love to see pictures of Harry and Archie hanging out with Oreo. That sounds just adorable.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 01:55 AM
Playful Pup

WOAH!! I used to have a guini that looked just like Oreo and his name WAS OREO!! How cute!

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 05:21 AM
RAT ADDICT

Hairless & double rex it looks. Or hairless with a bit of fuzz on his face.
They are cute! I miss my "nekkies".

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Nakie is the best thing to call them, but genetically they look double rex Cute boys!

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011, 02:13 PM

They are so cute I have a peach fuzz siamese dumbo hairless named bentley

they are not double rex thats for sure go to this website it helped me dreameyce . com and go to the rat types tab on there hope this helps

Double rex (AKA Patchwork): Coat has patches that are hairless that change from week to week, this is caused by the rex gene bred together and makes the roots of hair thinner so they break off after a certain length. You never see the same pattern twice on a patchwork

Hairless: Hairless rats have a lack of hair. (Sometimes they have 'peach fuzz' on their bodies and nose) Care should be taken in breeding hairless does as many do not lactate. Hairless need more food/ a higher protein diet because of the higher metabolism meant to keep them warm.