Buddy has my allergies going BAD :( - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

Buddy has my allergies going BAD :(

I'm so sad, i've been toughing it out, but my allergies have been so bad since i got Buddy. i'm surprised since i was okay with timmy and petey, but BOY am i sick from just being near him! i pet him this morning and held him for a few minutes and my eyes are red and puffy, my nose is old faithful and my breathing is nonexistent! i dont want to rehome him but i'm afraid i must. i'll think about it more over today, but i just can't be sick like this all the time. i took an allergy pill, but they're expensive so i can't buy them all the time, and i only take when i know it's only getting worse. the other day at 2am Pat woke me up, i said "what do you want" (lol i know i hate being woken). he says "can you breathe!?" and then i thought about it, tried to take a few breaths, then freaked out because i barely could breathe! i gave me all our asthma puffers and an allergy pill and i got better right away. but come on, this can't keep happening! *sigh* like i said, i'll ponder it over today but this isn't looking good

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 01:39 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

honestly I think you'll have to decide what is more important to you. I know it is a tough decision but in the end I'm sure you will know you made the right one.
Have you tried benedryl or anything like that? Benedryl is pretty inexpensive. I also heard that claritin works well but it's expensive. I know you can get the knock off and it works just the same. Good Luck.

*Missy*
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, hon, that's terrible. I'm sorry you have to make this kind of decision. I hope you find a way to make it work.

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

*sigh* well i want to keep him, he's so sweet. today so far hasn't been bad. yesterday i was supposed to have a person come look at him bu they called to cancel for another day. i'm in no rush to rehome him because i still have a few allergy pills left. but right now i just cant afford to buy more, i can't even buy milk right now. i'm not selling him, i don't want the money, he deserves a good home. i'll give him the best home i can, and should someone want to take him, i'll interview and make a decision. this is a really tough call and i'll admit im still on the fence about it, but we'll see what happens first

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 11:23 AM

I can sympathize with you .. Im alergic to all my animals .. 4 rats and my cat.

If you can tough it out for a few months it will get better, my cat barely affects me now, unless she licks my face .. and my rats dont make me sneeze as much anymore .. but if they scratch me i get bumps =)

You will build a tolerance for them, I have and know many ppl who have as well.

Good luck with it.

K