building new mouse cage - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
laugh often

Lightbulb building new mouse cage

When I went to the petstore today I saw a bunch of huge bird cages and decided that it wouldn't be too hard to convert them into a multi-level mouse cage. So before I decide how I want to do it does anyone have any ideas to share?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Will It Ever Change?

well first we have to know what the bird cages look like their structure etc

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
laugh often

oh yeah..it's rectangular with an arched top. My camera isn't with me at the moment so I can't provide a picture.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Will It Ever Change?

Well there's shoeboxes, jumbo cereal boxes, any boxes. Make apartments by stapling lots of boxes together, putting all open ends to a side for easy access. Cut cardboardbox strips and make them longer/wider than the cage....thread ends thru cage to secure as ramp or shelf (real cardboard IS sturdy enough for this). Take any piece(s) of wood, take a screw and a washer, attach to side of cage. for longer pieces use a screw+washer at either end. you can boy a roll of caging for 10 bux at home depot....cut and make your own shelves. I built an itty bitty table (shoebox size with short legs) out of scrap wood and caging ("tabletop") and put it in the tank as a shelf for the ham. Empty sideways old toolbox/lunchbox. Milk crates (most uni students have these) are GOLD. Ummm.....old bbq grills lol heck i built a cage out of those. Go to wal mart bath/plumbing section and get those cheap wire shower shelves....there's also the cube organizers people make cages out of. You can make a ramp by just putting a plank of wood in the cage that's too long to lie flat. Just put it against a wall...one end on floor...one leaning against a wall, and presto a ramp. LOL go to the paint section and take a TON of paint stir sticks lol and make something out of those

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan

Tags
bird cage