Cage Woes - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Wire floors aren't that terribly bad. If you're worried about bumblefoot, that is caused by bacteria, not wire. Just get a piece of fleece or flannel and cut it to shape and use binder clips to hold it down, that way you can just throw it in the wash if it's dirty.

If the entire cage is wire then just make sure that there are some spots where they can rest their feet. Wire isn't as bad as you think, and I'm sure most of the "accidents" are just freak accidents and don't happen THAT often.

*Missy*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Sorry I haven't been on lately, I've been in a human vs bug battle which I'll go through in another thread...

And I don't even know what bumblefoot is so I can't be worried about it lol Although now I have to go look it up. (Oh ew that's awful... who could let that happen... ugh)

I got the new cage last week and the girls absolutely love it. I just took out the second level completely, it's big enough that it doesn't matter. I think I'll probably cut the second level in half and cover that, make it their "kitchen." Have their food and water up there so I can wash it and make sure everything stays clean. Right now I've just got their level from the last cage in there, it's hooked to one side and the plastic tube is working like a table leg. Actually works great.

So that's that on the cage front right now.

Tags
doing fine, food bowl, rat cage, wire mesh