can mice be kept outside? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2004, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

can mice be kept outside?

I'm thinking of getting some mice. I share a house with two other people and they don't like the smell of mice. In our back yard there is an area with a roof above but no walls. A sorta garage.
I am thinking of putting my mouse/mice cage on a shelf in that area and what I was wondering if the mice will be able to surive the cold?
The temp doesn't get below zero but still I'm not too sure if its safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2004, 01:32 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I would doubt it...I'm not sure though.
Personally, I wouldn't keep any small animals outside...even horses and goats need a barn

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:25 PM
Adolescent Pup

I would highly recommend that you do not keep domesticated mice outdoors. They are similar to rats in that they need a steady temperature and they are very prone to heat stroke. Plus mice have MANY predators and when a predator is hungry it won't take much for them to get to your mice.

Christy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.