Can Rats Eat This - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
laugh often

Can Rats Eat This

I was eating Pistachio's and my ratties were begging me for one. So before I give them one can they have em? Also if they can couuld I give them the pistachio with it's shell in tact?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 12:49 AM

I dont know? Ive never given my ratties pistachios!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
laugh often

I tried looking it up but I haven't found anything. I guess not many people give them to their pets Hopefully Vanilla Rat or someone will know the answer!.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 09:04 PM
RAT ADDICT

I have never ever tried giving my rats these,only cause I don't buy them.I was once given a big bag of them,but never even thought about it! That was a long time ago.

If you don't find any info about it on the net,it is probably okay in small amounts.But remember nuts can be fatty,so I would only give them some in moderation.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I have given my rats each a little piece of a pistachio nut, but never a whole one. I don't think the shell would be an issue, but the nut itself is quite large, and as Lisa said, it's not really good for them to eat nuts very much. I also rinsed all the salt off before I gave it to them, because mine were salted.

I don't think the nut would be dangerous, but probably not all that good for them to eat.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

I would say it's fine, just so long as they don't have salt on them..I got two new ratties yesterday! They are called ray and pepper!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 12:22 AM

I have one mouse who likes them as a treat (not the whole one though, just a piece) every once in a while. In fact, she loves the taste. They are, as everyone else has noted, not doing much for the nutrition of our pets. I did keep checking to see if they made her sick and found no evidence of that. I think it's okay in small doses.

Tags
vanilla rat