Can somebody help me please? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Can somebody help me please?

Hey everyone

I woke up today and out of nowhere my mouse i really sick.. like he is coughing sort of and wheezing continuesly!! i thought maybe that he had resp infection..but it looks as if he is trying to throw up when i liften him i noticed his stomach was bloated horribly :'(

Does anyone know what this is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom1993 View Post
Hey everyone

I woke up today and out of nowhere my mouse i really sick.. like he is coughing sort of and wheezing continuesly!! i thought maybe that he had resp infection..but it looks as if he is trying to throw up when i liften him i noticed his stomach was bloated horribly :'(

Does anyone know what this is?
He needs a vet asap, he might have a resp infection, and the bloat is from gasping and swallowing air, or he might have a mass in his belly and he's gasping in pain...either way you need a vet to look at him.

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Agreed...if your mouse is in that kind of condition, don't waste minutes asking about it on the forum..you need to get him to a small animal vet ASAP.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Adolescent Pup

I have to agree, your mouse needs a vets attention. This is not normal and are deff. signs of a respiratory infection.

We strive to make the safest products out there with the best customer service at unbeatable prices.

Serving the Exotic pets since 2005

Dogs, Cats, Ferrets. Rabbits, Mice, Hamsters, Sugar Gliders, Chinchilla's and more!

4 Rabbits
- 3 Gliders
-6 Ratties

2 kitties
- 1 dog

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 12:17 PM
LPC
Newborn Pup

Rom1993, what happened? Can you update us?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

So sorry i haven't answered back here. I did go to the vet right after I posted here. I just wanted to ask her as well cause i know many of you have experience with rodents so yeah. I was told that Pretzel (my mouse) had a resp. infection. They discussed with some other vets there and said that because he is so small there isn't a whole lot they could do. Apparently he also was old. I didn't know how old exactly he was when I got him but thats what they said. So I took him home with some antibiotics but in the next few days he only got worse and passed away last week. I was very sad to see him go It's been a sad couple of weeks cause I also had to give up my rats. They didn't die or get sick but I'm going away for six weeks and because they are still so super scared of people I contacted this Rat group thing here and they took my rats in to see if they could give them a less stressful life. So for now I'm rodentless And it's horrible.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 08:44 PM
Official Loofah Tester

It's so hard to turn them around once they've turned that last corner. I'm sorry Rom.

And bless you for doing what's best for your rats too. It's never easy, but too many people would never think to ask for help, and the animals suffer for it.

Hang in there! Hugs.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks for your kind words. My rats have been gone for about a week now and I've had regular contact with the people that took them in. They have been working with them consistantly every day but my babies don't seem to like people very much at all.. but they say they'll keep trying. When I'm back home in a few months I'll deffinately look into getting new babies. Maybe two rats or a mouse..I love both so much!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 04:05 AM
Newborn Pup

How is your rat now?is he fyne?

Tags
mouse