CAPTURED! Two mice - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

CAPTURED! Two mice

Well I ended up with a live trap for my rodent problem, I placed it under the stove where I've seen my so called MOUSE, but last night I ended up with two mice. They looked pretty young, so I have a feeling there are more to be caught. When I found them I put the trap out on the back porch for DH to take care of when he got home from work, so as I sat there waiting for him my lousy mouser of a cat decides that since all the "hard" work was done she would tourment my caged mice lol. Of course I had to keep her at bay untill the babies were released. I got some pictures, but my camera has decided to no longer communicate with my computer....they must be fighting, so as soon as they make up I'll post. Thanks for the input on live traps, I'm glad I didn't have to kill them!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 09:09 PM
RAT ADDICT

I am happy to hear that you managed to catch a couple of them.Where are you releasing them?Because if it is close to your house,they will probably return.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

I released them about 1/2 a mile down the road. I managed to get another one last night on a "sticky" sheet, I know not very humane, but he was in the cereal cabinet that my children frequent. He actually came off quite well and he was released too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 01:32 AM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckabean11404
I released them about 1/2 a mile down the road. I managed to get another one last night on a "sticky" sheet, I know not very humane, but he was in the cereal cabinet that my children frequent. He actually came off quite well and he was released too.
EEK!I hate glue traps!Very inhumane.
You CAN get the mice off of them using oil tho.I think it is olive oil.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 02:00 AM

I saw a baby rat stuck on a glue trap before it starved to death (i'm guessing) because there was bugs eating it too,so was there awhile (that was over the campers)...
It made me so depressed for weeks
I actually started a big fuss today in a store because I saw a man purchasing traps that snap...& the glue traps...
I laughed when he hurt his finger,he deserved it IMO...

Thank you for releasing them!!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

I actually check the trap and stickies every day, I don't want to kill them by starvation. We added a little olive oil to make them less sticky so anything that gets caught comes off easier. I only bought one live trap, it was $15, so there are stickies in my food cabinets...I just don't want my kids going to get a box of cereal and finding a mouse inside the box YUK! I had to throw out three brand new boxes yeaterday because of the mice chewing holes into the bottoms of them and getting inside.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

There are traps called mice cubes. They cost $2 at walmart and they're humane. If you don't want to use the sticky traps they work very well.

*Missy*
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 07:07 PM

I saw those too.Affordable & humane.
Please don't use inhuame traps...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 06:53 PM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Glue traps are cruel and inhumane, when ever I SEE one I wither close it so it is not sticky anymore or collapse the glue "house" they make also...evil things glue and regular snap traps are...

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 08:02 PM

Yeah they are not good. Those cube traps are great and so cheap. Try one of those instead.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 09:14 PM

You don't want your kids to find a mouse in their cereal but what about a dying mouse in glue