Cat Attack! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Cat Attack!

Lets start off, I'm stupid i should have been more careful yada yada yada, Also hellow I'm new and my first post may be a ramble.

I had my mouse (Charlie Brown) rolling around happily in his ball around the kitchen, unsticking him whenever he got stuck and watching him get frustrated when he could not get onto the carpet. Since he is only a hopper at the moment he isnt allowed on the carpet as he cannot get the ball rolling, no matter how hard he hops against the sides of the ball.

While he was rolling around i decided I wanted some kitty love and brought in my 13 year old cat Booger. Booger sees the ball rolling and pretty much goes whatever and ignores it, I play with her a bit before she goes and plops down on a kicthen chair, looking over occasionally as Charlie brown thunks into something.

After a bit I get up and grab Charlie brown's ball and without really thinking about it I opened it up and brought him out with the intention of getting him to his cage after a bit of hand exploring. Next thing I know a squeak of fear (maybe pain) Charlie Brown is in Booger's mouth and Booger's claw is stuck in my hand. Without really thinking about it (adrenaline rush I guess?) I (this is the best word sorry) slammed booger down on the chair by the shoulder neck area and she released him, he fell to the ground and stayed there, still pinning Booger down I grabbed Charlie, lifted him higher and released Booger, who promptly got on the ground to search for Charlie. I put charlie down until his spare wheel and shoved Booger outside.

So far the only damage I see is some missing fur. Im just really worried, are the chances of internal injuries high? He was movin around normally afterwards and now is cuddling with his cuddle buddy (a fake mouse sense I couldnt get two) But I am so worried I will wake up in the morning to find a dead mouse...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 12:27 AM

Is there any way you could get him to a vet? How is he now?
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

considering the time of night? no. not to mention with the moving expenses I cant afford it right now.

Right now he is sleeping wth his cuddle buddy in his grass ball after glaring at me for moving it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

watching him for the past 10 or so minutes he has napped, explored his grass hut, cleaned himself and his cuddle buddy, and is currently napping again.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 12:48 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Eek! I hope he's ok...

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

here is Charlie brown as of 1 minute ago

Cuddleing with his cuddle buddy

"turn off the light already"

and here it is hard to see but you can kinda sorta see where his fur is missing from Booger

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 02:20 AM
Jird Jostler

Aww he is cute, i think he'll be fine. You have the same grass house as i do =] Minnnie loves hers

I'm Georgia,
I drive like a rally driver.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 05:04 AM
Will It Ever Change?

aww poor mousie! i tihnk your kitty just wanted to play. otherwise that mouse would be DEAD for sure. i think you're safe, mousie will be okay

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 09:31 AM

That is a really cute mouse. I hope he's ok, but if you can't see anything strange I'm sure he'll be fine. Good job your reaction was quick.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

This morning he isnt moving much and seems stiff, but if all he is, is stiff and sore I will be greatful.

I dont think Booger was trying to play. remembering about it (this happened along time ago) she caught, a rat, gutted it and left us the hide at our back door. That happened so long ago I forgot about it.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

If he seems different today at all I would take him to a vet. Sometimes being stiff an sore is just being stiff and sore. Sometimes it's internal bleeding.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Charlie died today just after I got back from everything I had to do. He died in my hand... I dont know why I'm crying... I shouldnt cry... But I cant help it........
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

OH NO!!!!
That is so sad
Im really sorry about your baby
Rip charlie x

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:35 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss... RIP Charlie...

=(
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

i dont know what im going to do. I've already buried him outside. his cage is still up... I tried to take it and clean it out to put it up but i cant bring myself to touch it... I just dont know...