Cat rats or mice have wine corks or wine? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Question Cat rats or mice have wine corks or wine?

On valieries mouse paridice some one asked a question can mice have wine corks becuase they read that rats can. and another lady replyed that both can and she gives them a little tiny bit of wine. Know I knoe some people give wine and other drinks a little to there dog but what about Rats and Mice. I dont think that is good for either of them. I can see a wine cork but I woudl be afraid of them ingesting it and if its been in the wine bottle injestion old wine.
I jsut dont want thins lady to feed her mice wine or the corks if its not safe I always say what Im not shure about I dont do, Untill I find out.
But this same lady gave me info on mice and rat breeding a food and when I did it and put it on my site all the info for the mice the whole gruop letured me and said that she never said that and they would never lead anyone down the worng path. But suposabley this lady is a reputable breeder and all but every advice she has given caused my poor pets to suffer.
Somethings she has been right on becuase I looked it up but what one person dose with their pets and it dont hurt them is not always safe for you and yours.
Diamond

Last edited by Diamond01; 09-17-2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: that is supose to be can not cat on the title I pressed the wrong letter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 07:41 PM
RAT ADDICT

Definatly do not give your mice and rats wine!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I read the title wrong... alcohol can kill rats and mice, even very small amounts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

I thought so. On this other site called valires mouse paridice they say that its ok ot give them wine corks and a little wine or rum. Which iI dont think that was very good advice. I'm only on there for a few of my friends but some of the stuff they say is wrong.
When I put on a Rodent fest for the loacal far this year and invited my friends that were there they told I wouls fail and they were contacting the Rodent fest people to sue me for using Rodent fest and take away all my critters. They try to control peopel and give them the wrong advice. I looked it up I can use the tiltile Rodent fest as long as I put down that I am hosting it and were its at they thought it was a great Idea.
It didnt turn out as a show that I woudl hav liked but the edgucation was a hit and some of my animals found new homes that day.
Thanks Now I can go tell them that there gonna killer there pets if they do this.
Diamond
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Part of the Pack

I've always heard a cup of wine per day was actually good for people. But It's not because of the alcohol, it's because of the natural antioxidants. There is probably safer ways to offer antioxidants to mice/rats, especially since they're so small - the levels of alcohol acceptable to mice/rats is MUCH MUCH MUCH smaller than most other animals due to their size.

http://www.ynhh.org/online/nutrition.../red_wine.html

There's a link I found on it.

Caprice Acres

NMGA miniature meat goats, Silver Fox and NZW Rabbits, Muscovy ducks, several breeds of chickens, fancy mice and rats in Michigan

Tags
rat amd mouse diet