Chattering noises and squeaking - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
the rodent lover<3

Chattering noises and squeaking

This is kind of re-asking my previous question.
Eddie makes this chattering noise but he doesn't squeak as much, but he still does. - i'm not sure what it is and he seems fine. David doesn't make the noise.
Is it just talking? Or what?

my name is Jonni,
i'm weird for making my username
Angelica
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ one Betta, unnamed as of now ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
the rodent lover&lt;3

Bump..??
I got an audio clip, ignore the TV in the background, the clicking noise is him. Please help! !
http://s668.photobucket.com/albums/v...t=Video120.flv

my name is Jonni,
Angelica
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Adolescent Pup

Wow Angelica, that is a strange nose for a mouse maybe something to with him protecting his territory? Is David in the same room as him? Maybe he is sending a warning about who is boss? I have no idea, Winston squeaks a lot (he is my only mouse) and usually when I am around so I think it is him talking to me. Does he make that noise even when you're not in the room?

Mister Winston Shiny-Sides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

can you tell if it's coming from his mouth or his nose? he could have mucus or liquid in his nose which makes him sound like that when he breathes.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
the rodent lover&lt;3

I think it is coming out from his nose, Dustette, there isn't really any visible health issues or anything, though.
Davids cage is right on top of Eddies. Eddie defiantly know's that there's another mouse in the room. I was thinking it was the litter.. but David uses the same kind and David doesn't make that noise.

He acts like a normal mouse, he sleep, eats, drinks, and spins on the wheel.

my name is Jonni,
Angelica

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
the rodent lover&lt;3

Also, he really doesn't do that all the time. Just when he has attention. And his tummy kind of shakes when he does it. I will record a video in a bit and try to see if it's any more detectable on what it is.

my name is Jonni,
Angelica

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Adolescent Pup

(I'm her sister for those of you who don't know). I think that he just get's overly excited..he's never made it when I've been in my bed (which is right next to them), and their cage is covered so it's nothing he's seeing. He only does it when someone is either looking at him through the cage or being handled. He doesn't seem sick to me.

You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit. If it eats the rabbit and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
the rodent lover&lt;3

Yet another audio clip..
http://s668.photobucket.com/albums/v...t=Video122.flv

my name is Jonni,
Angelica

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Adolescent Pup

Smile

One of my girls does that, i was worried at first because the other two dont do it, but shes fine, and she has always done it, she seems to chatter more to me when I hold her and if i make clicking noises or talk to them, she does it more then. I think mice like humans just vary in personality and some are more chatty then others. The one that is more chatty out of my lot is also the most confident and less fearful. Ive just put it down to her personality xxx

Love Cathy and Holly

RIP Trixie snowdrop and lightning
Forever loved and miss my little chatterbox kids!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
the rodent lover&lt;3

Phew. That's calming me down.. Thanks!!

my name is Jonni,
Angelica

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Adolescent Pup

A little bit of advise really if theyre squeaking, and acting strangely in general, being reclusive, lathargic or acting as though theyre in pain and if theyre coat gets rough, eating habits change etc then theres something wrong!

Love Cathy and Holly

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 07:26 PM
Adolescent Pup

LOL just played your sound clip and my girlies started chattering back

Love Cathy and Holly

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
the rodent lover&lt;3

They're doing none of that! They're acting very much like mice. Infact they both just woke up. Ohh the nocturnal animals work my nerves sometimes, atleast that oil worked on their wheels

my name is Jonni,
Angelica

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 11:39 PM
Adolescent Pup

I got my two rats out to see how they react to the noise and they're chattering away, albeit quietly but they're making a very similar noise and looking for it

Pita my blue female rat with Pandora, my champagne hoody.

R.I.P Pita - 11.06.2010 at the age of just over a year (a year the feb gone since I bought them, she was at least a month old when I got her)
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
the rodent lover&lt;3

Maybe it's rodent speak!!

my name is Jonni,
Angelica