Chicagoland- mouse needs Home?? (Pic) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Chicagoland- mouse needs Home?? (Pic)

My dad found a baby house-mouse frozen on our basement floor last Wednesday. I've gotten it back to a healthy state (hot pad under half of a critter keeper, water, hard food available, been feeding diluted KMR and gerber baby food every 4 hours, helping to potty at first, he/she can do it alone now, yay!) and he/she is doing quite well.
The mouse is about 2-3 weeks old and is starting to explore solid food but having trouble. The mouse was very tame at first but probably mostly in shock. Last night it became a little frightened of us and is a bit skittish now. I think with time and love it could become a good companion. However, I do not have the lifestyle to take care of mice. I already have a dog, two rats, full-time college, work, and 2 homes (apartment 1/2 week, mom and dad's 1/2 week). My other pets are very used to traveling in the car every week, but I don't think this would be fair or healthy for a little mouse. I also have no other mice and I know they are very social.
I would like to find a home for the mouse, I do not think that releasing it to the wild after being hand-fed would be the best thing for it. I am open to enlightenment on this topic though if anyone has opinions otherwise.
If you or anyone you know would be up to the challenge of giving this little critter a forever home, PLEASE let me know! I can travel by car anywhere in chicago and the chicagoland suburbs for drop-off.
Very sweet, doesn't bite, a little untrusting still but I'm sure patience and love would change that.

Picture available upon request. Cannot post, do not have 20 posts yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
adopt, house mouse, illinois