Coast Cages - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Coast Cages

Ok, I wasn't sure if this went in the product reviews or not, but it wouldn't let me post a new thread there ....so

I've been talking with Scott Wright, the senior VP at coast cages. This would make a great cage for 2-3 rats, a syrian hamster, or maybe some large meeces (it has 1/2inch wide bar spacing, so not sure)...sooo

Here is what is going to be changed about the Bel-Air Rat Mansion (dimensions 21x16x33)
Balconies will be about double the size, but same style it is now
Shelves will be about doubled the size they are now
The cup holders will have "doors" on them the same style that the side of the cage is made with (I'm assuming it will be abit like the doors)
Wheel will still be there, but all you need is wire cutters to get it out if you want it out.

They will have different colors: Original purple, black, white, and gun metal (I'm assuming this is a gun metal grey)

This cage seems great for 2 ratties (with 2cubic feet per rattie it says 3, but 2 would be great).
I myself am getting one for my girlies when the changes are made, if you want to be put on the list email Scott Wright at [email protected] , as far as I know it will be about 2 months.

Once they have a pic of the prototype I'll post it for all to see, and once I get the exact dimensions of the balconies I'll let you all know!

pricing is going to be about $90-$110 depending on colour choice

1 dog---Boo-Boo
3 Cats--Tegan, Tempest, & Faolan
2 Hammies--Lola *f*, an Dizzy*m*
5 Ratties
Enigma-mismarked split cap b/w dumbo boy
Ghost- himilayan, standard ear, rex boy
Tierney--Verigated, dumbo, rex boy
Honey-b/w standard ear hooded
Lotus--b/w stanard ear verigated.

~!RIP!~
Micky(Dog)
Mischief(Hamster)
Neptune(Rattie)
Zion(rattie)
Sugar(rattie)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

oops, this is for the Bel aire rat mansion (RC-7)........

what? no body like coast cages?

1 dog---Boo-Boo
5 Ratties

~!RIP!~
Micky(Dog)
Mischief(Hamster)
Neptune(Rattie)
Zion(rattie)
Sugar(rattie)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Playful Pup

Personally I like martins better but these are cheaper I guess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jessica!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

White Raven Rodentry

WRR Rosy x WRR Bean
Babies on the way!!! PM for adoption information.

Girly Meece : Johanna (satin smeeze) , Rosy (LH satin fawn) , Teagan (chocolate tan) , Colida (LH broken black)

meece men : Bean (satin brindle)

Dozer (male parsons russel terrier/manchester terrier)

C.T. (male chihuahua/rat terrier mix)

Goldies Smoochie, Cheesy Poof, Salsa

betta boy Vick

2 snails and 1 pleco
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

is there a site with pictures of the cages?

do you have the website?

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

yes, it's Coast Cages : Your online store but the new cage pic isn't up yet. When he gets a pic of the prototype (remember, it's just a pic of the prototype, so it may look different than when it's finished, it may not be powdercoated yet or things like that) he's going to try to get me a pic to post.

Like I said, this cage is ok for 3 ratties (maybe petite girls) but I wouldn't put anymore than 2 in it. Which is personally great for me, as I CAN NOT get any more girlie rats, and if I do, can only keep 2 at a time.....

if you email him ([email protected]) to be put on the waiting list, let him know I (just tell him sapphire rats, since that is what he knows me as) sent you.

1 dog---Boo-Boo
5 Ratties

~!RIP!~
Micky(Dog)
Mischief(Hamster)
Neptune(Rattie)
Zion(rattie)
Sugar(rattie)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 03:21 PM
The Title Fairy Was Here

what are coast cages?

Come see more of my fur babies at
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I used to use one of the larger (I can't remember what it was called) Coast Cages for my degus . But then Rosie chewed through the plastic bottom .

They are pretty good cages, though. The only thing that I didn't like about mine was the fact that if you removed the food dishes there would be gaps where the degus could escape from.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Coast Cages? The ones they sell in Petco? I don't like the smaller ones because they only have doors that open from the top. It's hard to give treats and stuff. The bigger ones look cool, though. The built-in wheels also get squeaky really fast it seems, and need oiling. I'm just going by my first experience with a Coast Cage...my friend bought one a long time ago for his very first rats(before I even had rats).
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

they re ok it seems, i was hoping that there were some huge cages to look at..i love martins bc you really can get them huge...and the shipping is very reasonable...i think i only paid 18$ for shipping a 56 pound cage..how does that compare with coastal cages? are there plans for larger cages in the future?

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skratikans
they re ok it seems, i was hoping that there were some huge cages to look at..i love martins bc you really can get them huge...and the shipping is very reasonable...i think i only paid 18$ for shipping a 56 pound cage..how does that compare with coastal cages? are there plans for larger cages in the future?
They have a 5-level one which is pretty big . But yeah, I wish they had bigger ones too.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Tags
food dishes, syrian hamster