cold rats - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

cold rats

is there any thing i can do to help keep my ratties warm in the winter. my room is the basemnt and it stays a tad below room temp in the winter. do you think it would be a reasonable idea to put a heating pad on low under the rats tank?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 01:34 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

If you wind up using a heating pad, put it on 1/2 the tank only and cover it with a towel (if a thick towel, one layer; if a thin towel, two layers or more). This way if they get too warm, they can move to the other side.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 08:13 AM
Adolescent Pup

What Jade said! Also, fleece fabric is wonderful for holding heat. My rats get fleece hammocks and extra fleece fabric in their igloos and nest boxes during the winter. They like to snuggle up under it and have been known to drag it with them wherever they end up sleeping. You can get it by the yard at fabric stores and many times you can get it out of the left over remenants bin for pretty cheap.

Christy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

alright, that sounds like a good idea. hopefully it will not get too cold down here this winter since we got new window.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 10:57 AM
I Own an Egg Pooper

My mice keep warm by cuddling together in a fleece sleeping bag!

-Tare

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...

Tags
heating pad, nest box