Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Constantine's Spaying...

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Skratikans 
#1 ·
so, after my Skrat died from lymphoma, i decided that I was definately going to spay my remaining rat, Constantine

they did isoflourine, and she is on two seperate painkillers, as well as antibiotics...but she is doing great thus far, surgery was yesterday, and she is eating and drinking, and walking around...

here are some pics of my little girl..

they put in surgical glue, and a few staples as well that will be removed in a week..

ohh, and thats not blood but strawberry juice

See less See more
#7 ·
yeah, she has been getting pain killers twice a day, and the vet said that when rabbits, for instance get spayed or whatever surgical procedure they undergo, if they dont get pain killers they will stop eating and drinking....and now i wonder if that could have been the same situation with my Skrat, she was fine after her surgery, but i bet that the other vet that did the surgery simply didnt bother, and the pain made her not want to eat

Constantine is doing well, she is running around my room and is her old self, she is ten months old, and although, had i known better and earlier i would have spayed her at 2-3mnths, but i was not sure if it was the right thing to do at the time, however she was checked for any possible tumors, and checked out fine, i especially checked under her armpits, to see if she had any abnormal lymph node swelling...

the day after surgery she hopped a little but was fine after her medications, and is recovering very well...i feel kinda bad that she has to deal with pain from the surgery, but if this can give me a better chance for her to lead a long healthy life (preventing mammary and pituitary tumors), then i would do it in a heart beat

#8 ·
pinkie1205 said:
Aww I hope she does okay and doesn't mess with her staples
i figured she would try to tear them off, but thats why she has the glue and staples and she isnt touching them at all, the staples should come out in another few days, will keep you updated

#10 ·
aww..thanks

#12 ·
thank you Dawna

#14 ·
Constantine is getting them out tomorrow, i will definitely post some pics by then

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.