the day of separation has come.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

the day of separation has come..

well, it's time. today we separated the boys from the girls and mom. turns out there were not 6 boys and 6 girls, but 5 girls and 7 boys, and i had my fiancee double check to make sure i didn't leave 1 female in with all those males; can you imagine how awful that'd be for that one girl?
we'll see how they get along over the next few days. Since we'll be keeping them til they're roughly 4 months old my fiancee is going to bring over his old ferret cage so we can give the boys more room (after it's wired so there's no chance of escape that is) and then we'll probably further separate the girls including mom into the other 2 cages so they're not cramped as they get older/bigger. Hopefully i'll be able to find at least one more decently sized ferret cage to put the girls in so they have more room. bigger is always better, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Good luck ^_^

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Indeed! Bigger is always better! Good luck and it sounds like you have everything in order! Kudos to your fiance for being such a great help!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.