Dirty Boys! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Dirty Boys!

Okay, so I was cleaning the cage that I have for Figaro and Merlin this weekend, and you wouldn't believe how gross it was! I mean I think if the animal rights people came in my house they would probably take those particular rats because they would think it had been 3 months since it was cleaned. It was cleaned last weekend! Anyway, the boys are so gross. Not only was their cage nasty but I gave them baths too because the icky little monkeys refuse to wash their tails, so disgusting!

Bath time was not much fun either you'd think we were pulling their skin off if you saw the wounds Chris and I have all up and down our arms today! Do the rest of y'all have boys that are this gross and lazy? Our other boys, Quentin and Lecter get nasty too. But some of the boys don't do it and none of the girls do. Do we have exceptionally ill-mannered boysies, or is this common?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 03:52 PM
RAT ADDICT

Hahahahaha...the joys of boy ratties!

My three little men are dirty too.The cage gets so nasty and they will pee in their food dishes and hammocks.I didn't bother toilet traning them,but man...they are dirty little boys.

I have had some clean males before and some dirty females before...so it can happen with either sex.It all depends on their persinality!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Yep, I know exactly what your talking about! Husky's tail will get so dirty you can't even tell it's meant to be pink!
I have to be careful though because they have a hobby of running down my top as soon as they are wet and the shampoo is all rubbed in LOL
My rats cage is nasty to, I'm smelling the cage even more now they've been moved to my room and my door is always shut. I clear their poo out as soon as I see it to keep the smell of that from building up... so yeah, it's normal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Will It Ever Change?

lol huh, wierd. My boy is clean. I litter trained him. His tail is dark but he's a Siamese so I figure it's supposed to be like that....since it's always been like that

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

My boys are STINKERS!!!
They pee and poo in everything.
Except their food bowls LOL.

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Yep i'm afraid its the same for me too! The boys are truly gross and so so lazy lol. They pee and poo in everything even the food bowl if its full or not lol. They do have a toilet in their cage and i have tried to litter train but they prefer to do their own thing! I also have to bath them like every other week or every 3 weeks or so now coz they dont clean their tails either and they always stink lol my girls on the other hand are relatively clean!!!!

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Jack and Apollo are very clean little boys. They groom themselves very fastidiously, and pick up their tails when they walk.

My old boys Zorro and Hercules were horrendously dirty. Pee and poo everywhere! Hercules especially dragged his tail through everything, and I was constantly trying to clean off the caked on icky stuff.

Maureen

Six new rats