Do your rats do this? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Red face Do your rats do this?

Just a quick survey, I guess. Do anyone else's rats sleep in their litter box? Mine do this from time to time, and sometimes it grosses me out (like just now, which is what prompted me to write this) because they'll use the litter box and then lie down DIRECTLY ON TOP of their... ahem... excrement. blagghh!

The funny thing is that, other than this occasional nap time ritual, they're really clean animals!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 10:30 AM
RAT ADDICT

Well I never had a litterbox for my rats,as I never litter trained.
But the males would sometimes pee in their hammocks and sleep in it still.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

my rat has a little fleece tunnel, and even though she doesn't sleep in her litter box, that tunnel is her favorite peeing place, and also her favorite sleep place... ew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 01:03 PM

Mine don't sleep in the litter box, they eat there. It is also Bella's favorite place to hoard her food. D:
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Mine definitely sleep there sometimes. Ratties are crazy!

Maureen

Six new rats
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 09:09 PM

I've started trying to litter train my two boys BECAUSE they'd poop in their little houses where they sleep! Icky!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Shelby View Post
Mine don't sleep in the litter box, they eat there. It is also Bella's favorite place to hoard her food. D:
Haha! Mine also do this...actually, I see they've got some leftover dinner scraps in there right now!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breyer08 View Post
Haha! Mine also do this...actually, I see they've got some leftover dinner scraps in there right now!
Oh geeze. This morning, Bella had almost the entire dish of food in there. Not only am I then cleaning out the poop, but the food as well.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Part of the Pack

my girls weren't litter trained, however, sweetness eats poop all the time then likes to go in for kissies. not the cleanest creature ever

Pets name: Cheryl

Pets name: Kimberley

Babies:
rats: girls:belle, beauty and sweetness Boys: ronnie and oscar
Dogs: Cassie, Jazzmin and Buddy
Cat: Pebbles
Hamster: Skye
gerbils: Tremor and Sparkle
quails
chickens
9 ducks
3 guinea fowl

R.I.P. Cheryl & Kim
:, scabbyquail
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentopia View Post
my girls weren't litter trained, however, sweetness eats poop all the time then likes to go in for kissies. not the cleanest creature ever
Hahaha...ewwww... I didn't know until a few days ago when reading on another forum that rats actually did that!! My dog used to, but I've always been told rats are so clean... guess it's pretty much an individual thing!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)