Do your rats squeak? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Do your rats squeak?

My ratties squeak ALL the time when they are playing. Its loud too! Do yours squeak?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 04:41 PM

My girls, squeak, chirp, scream, huff through their cheeks and brux. Not necessarily in that order. They have lots of ways of communicating. Different squeaks mean different things. Each rat has a different voice. I can tell who it is even in the dark just by their voice.

Ben, especially is very communicative. Not only does he talk to me, when he walks up to me while in his out time, he puts his nose on my lips. It is his version of the way I kiss him. He pats my face with his warm little hands and never uses his claws unless his is concerned that he might fall.

Rats actually project feelings and ideas to me. If yours don't "talk" to you, you are not listening hard enough. It takes a quiet mind to listen to what they have to say.

Tell us why your rats are squeaking. What are the circumstances?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosies_Mom
My girls, squeak, chirp, scream, huff through their cheeks and brux. Not necessarily in that order. They have lots of ways of communicating. Different squeaks mean different things. Each rat has a different voice. I can tell who it is even in the dark just by their voice.

Ben, especially is very communicative. Not only does he talk to me, when he walks up to me while in his out time, he puts his nose on my lips. It is his version of the way I kiss him. He pats my face with his warm little hands and never uses his claws unless his is concerned that he might fall.

Rats actually project feelings and ideas to me. If yours don't "talk" to you, you are not listening hard enough. It takes a quiet mind to listen to what they have to say.

Tell us why your rats are squeaking. What are the circumstances?
Um, thanks for the info but I'm not concerned about my ratties. They are just squeaking when they play with each other as I mentioned and I think its cute. Just wanted to make conversation and see if other people's ratties are vocal with each other as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

mine dont squeek much unless they are playing but they do grind thier teeth and burx when i have them out. *eye boggling is soooooooo darn cute*