Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

does anyone know?

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  storminstaffs 
#1 ·
does anyone know are kangaroo rats legal to have as pets? i bet they are adoreable when they are babies. Not that i can have a new pet anytime soon and i think the next one i get is a cat, dog, or lizard... just a thought..

#3 ·
pinkie1205 said:
A lot of animals were banned from the united states. They're not allowed to be imported because of the monkey pox scare. If they are already here it's okay, but as far as I know, they're not even allowed to be bred.
But Kangaroo Rats wouldn't have to be imported 'cause they already live here ;).

I would think it would depend on your state whether they were legal or not. Either way you might need a permit.

#6 ·
Kendalle said:
i didnt know there were kangaroo rats in the us! i live in iowa most everything is legal
I've actually seen them when I visit El Paso, Texas to see family :D.

I remember when I was little we would go to the zoo there and kangaroo rats would be running around...I found them to be the most interesting animals there, haha.

#7 ·
i actually caught one of those at the sand dunes and i have a picture i'll post it
I was gonna take it home and keep it as a pet cause it let me touch it and pet it

some one let him out of the cooler i had it in when i was asleep
my friends thought i was crazy for keepin it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.