Does anyone know of a great DC/VA/MD area? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Does anyone know of a great DC/VA/MD area?

I've become extremely unhappy with our current breeder & have even had a death because of them that should NEVER have happened. We're on the look out for one more awesome rat after Buster's death (we'd love a dumbo rat THE MOST)

- Ally (Eva & Maeby the rats, too!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Adolescent Pup

If you want to head up to BC you can have some of mine........... LOL

Great information on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Great information on choosing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Great information on

Mommy to: Cocoa and Gracie (Siamese ratties), Lilly and Mercedes (fancy ratties), Minnie Mouse (dumbo eared rattie), Nova, Lucy and Titan (male Bettas), tropical 15 -and -10 gallon tanks, and a kitten named Mowgli. Plus two human kids!

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

new baby

I used to live so close to there! I really want a baby dumbo rat. My older just died and I'm ready to raise a new baby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I was thinking the same thing...Shayna and Liam have 12 babies right now, depending on how far of a drive it is to get to where they live? Also, have you considered adopting a ratty from a local shelter or adoption place? Petfinders.com is a SUPER site. You can check out (via entering your local zip code and what type of animal you are interested in) what ratties are available close to you that need a good home and a second chance. You can even narrow your search parameters to what sex and/or age of rat you are interested in adopting.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Adolescent Pup

That's amazinfg Vlad, I have never heard of that site before! Can I advertise the babies there?

Great information on
Great information on

Mommy to: Cocoa and Gracie (Siamese ratties), Lilly and Mercedes (fancy ratties), Minnie Mouse (dumbo eared rattie), Nova, Lucy and Titan (male Bettas), tropical 15 -and -10 gallon tanks, and a kitten named Mowgli. Plus two human kids!

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Adolescent Pup

P.S. pseudo I live right at the US/Canada border if that's close to you at all. I can see Mt. Baker from my house.

Great information on
Great information on

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 05:10 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Hmm, that is a good question! From what I have seen on Petfinders.com, it looks like all the animals are at shelters and humane societies, etc, so I do not know if they advertise for private owners who want to adopt out their babies. Good question though! You could go to the site and see if they have a contact email or phone you could call about that, to see what they say?

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Adolescent Pup

I'll definitely do that, thanks Vlad.

Great information on
Great information on

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Great, let me know how that goes? Pseudo, did you get a look at that Petfinders site for a possible adoption option?

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 02:55 AM
Adolescent Pup

Turns out that you can advertise adoptions, I posted one.

Great information on
Great information on

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 05:03 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Excellent! I am so glad you checked that out!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Adolescent Pup

Me too, one more avenue to find baby homes!! I'm going to see if my locally owned pet store will let me hang flyers, too. Not going to ask any of the chains but I really like the staff at my local, they actually know what they're talking about 90% of the time which I find v. v. refreshing.

Great information on
Great information on

Tags
breeder, dumbo, rats, virginia