Eek!!! A Rat!! ;-) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 05:43 PM
Catma63

Eek!!! A Rat!! ;-)

Here are a couple pics of my darlings....taken yesterday, film developed just this evening and scanned by yours truly. haha.
The first one is one Gen, my first girl and the mother of the babies:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 05:50 PM
Catma63

And this is Kou, the son of Gen and Akira....he's almost as big as his pops now.
Doesn't his position remind you of a puppy? haha

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 05:54 PM
Catma63

This is Akira, Gen's, er, "hubby", the father of the 13 babies of whom only 11 survived.....and yeah, I only kept three. This is one big l'il feller!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 05:58 PM
Catma63

From left to right, this is Oki, daughter of Gen...Then there's Gen herself in the middle, and lastly is Akiku, Gen's white, red-eyed little girl. They love to just hang outside the door of the cage looking out into the big "world".

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 10:46 PM
max391203

I'll never understand how people can have negative feelings about rats. I think their great!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 10:58 PM
Catma63

Actually, I did at first. I didn't want to kill them but I couldn't have imagined wanting rats as pets. I was more or less afraid of them, though I'd never really been around them. Mice, yes, Rats, no. When I first heard (via the internet, would ya believe?) that some people kept rats as pets, I was appalled. However, it also peaked my curiosity. Here and there, I'd go surfing, reading up on pet rats. I learned about their behavior traits and what the ate, their aggression level (which is virtually nil) and all. When I saw peoples pictures of them posted online, I had to admit to myself, hey, they ain't half bad. Then, dang, they're cute l'il buggers.
It took a mere evening after bringing two home from a trip down to visit my brother, to fall hook line and sinker for these gentle and beautiful darlings. I can't imagine my life without them, now.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 09:47 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Catma, I loved your pics, and I loved the eloquent way you wrote about how you fell in love with rats!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 11:33 PM
max391203

One of my rats (Shy Shy) passed away last week leaving her friend (Charlette) and I very sad. So today I brought home 2 more. I swore I would not get another rat because they don't live very long and they don't usually have an easy passing. It's very hard on me when they pass away. But I just can't seem to help myself! Every time I convince myself to not get another, I end up bringing one home. I have had pets rats for 31 years. My very first pet was a rat when I was 2. I guess I'll have rats til the day I die. Can't imagine being without one!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 12:31 PM
ELH

Oh, adorable pictures. I LOVE capped rats.. that's one of my favorite markings. Keep up the good photography!

Tags
pet rats