Everyone's got a favorite. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Everyone's got a favorite.

I put all the blame for my hobby on just one of my does, a black hooded doe who goes by the name of Pook.

She is such a character. As one friend appropriately deemed her, she is 'annoyingly friendly'. It is impossible to mess around in the cage without Pook managing somehow to crawl up your arm. Her favorite vantage point is standing on the top of your head.

When I let the rats loose in my room, most of the girls cower under desks, a few more explore in the corners or run to and from the dresser sets and under the bed. All the While Pook is getting into everything (and onto everything). Every few minutes she climbs up my leg to see me for a bit, then gets distracted and goes to explore a bit more. She is the only rat who comes when I call her and who 'visits' while in free range time.

Her few bad habits include booger snatching. Her favorite thing to do is dive right into a nostril and lick away. Needless to say, I try to discourage that behavior as much as possible, but she has performed her disturbing 'dig' on many an unwary nostril.

She does give the best kisses though. And, she's usually really good about not peeing or pooing on you, as long as you take her to her cage for 'potty breaks' often.

Wee little baby

Asking to be picked up

On the way home from schoool - Zoology teacher asked me to bring her in to class. She was so freakin excited, she had an excellent time. With most rats, I'd be worried about stress, but not with Pook.

At school. She discovered how fun my purse was to explore.

Her favorite drink is any sort of pop. She doesn't get it often, though. She was sure to get the few drops of coke that I missed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Caprice Acres

NMGA miniature meat goats, Silver Fox and NZW Rabbits, Muscovy ducks, several breeds of chickens, fancy mice and rats in Michigan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 03:18 PM

aha shes adorable ^_^
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Aww she is gorgeous and looks like a total character! xx

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

What a sweet little girl! She is so cute and sounds like a doll!

Maureen

Six new rats
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 11:30 AM
RAT ADDICT

What a beautiful li'l girl!
Hahaha...oh my...I am sorry! I always thought you were a guy.I don't know why,it just seemed that way.I apologize!!! Your pretty too.

I have a picture of one of my black hoodeds,Blackberry,that looks almost identical to the 2nd picture of your girly.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

She looks just like a rat i used to have named rattles, super cute.

My favorite was Francis she sounds just like your rattie other than the nose thing. She was the only rat i could let floor time be my whole house as she would go to the cage to poo and pee and come when you call her and sit on your lap and loved cuddles she was the rat that during floor time she would be on me and not the floor hehe.

[/CENTER]

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Part of the Pack

she sounds just like my sweetness, except for the booger snatching. i hope none of my rats develop a taste for digging. saying that, mine like to do some rodentistry as much as they can. they just dive in and lick the inside of your mouth. nasty but cute. especially as sweetness eats poop.

she's really cute.

Pets name: Cheryl

Pets name: Kimberley

Babies:
rats: girls:belle, beauty and sweetness Boys: ronnie and oscar
Dogs: Cassie, Jazzmin and Buddy
Cat: Pebbles
Hamster: Skye
gerbils: Tremor and Sparkle
quails
chickens
9 ducks
3 guinea fowl

R.I.P. Cheryl & Kim
:, scabbyquail
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Fran used to like to eat oil paint no matter where i thought i hid it out of reach she would come out with yellow oil paint. I had to q-tip her mouth out several times.... Poor kid, at least the yellow oil paint was the cheap kind with out harmful metals for the color

[/CENTER]

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 07:42 AM
RAT ADDICT

I had a couple rats that had a fondness for eating soap! I now keep the soap out of reach during free-range time!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Awww, bless her she is sweet

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 07:27 PM

Awww!

I absolutely love the pic where her paw is up!

So cute!