Fat Roll Babys - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Fat Roll Babys

My oldest boy Vinnie is getting up there in years, and I made the decision to breed him one last time, my last litter ever, in hope that I would get a baby that resembles him, in color, and attitude.
Well I believe I've gotten that, and I wanted to share my new litter with ya'll....and to tell you that I've never seen rat pups so chunky before..EVER. They are just past a week old, and have fat rolls. Yes, Fat Rolls. They are very healthy, and active.

9 babies all together, 7 males, 2 females. All Chubbly! This picture was taken at 3 days old, at this age they were already as long, and big as my thumb.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fatrollbabies.jpg (21.9 KB, 18 views)

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath."
~W.C. Fields
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awww, they are beautiful! Lil chub-chubs! I can't wait to see pictures of when they start getting fur.

Are you going to keep the babies or what are your plans with them?

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Awww, yay!!! I love chubby little ratties!!!!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I am keeping two of the boys, several of the others do have homes, a local teacher will be taking 3 boys for her classroom, and will be taking them home with her at the end of the year, I donated her a cage, some bedding, books about the care of rats, a food dish and water bottle, and a bit of food. She teaches a 5th grade class. And my boyfriends brother is taking the 2 girls, and the last two boys will be going to live with my friend Kimm, but that is just tenative, she wants to discuss it with her daughter.

~W.C. Fields

Last edited by TweedleDeedle3; 01-18-2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Spelling
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh, they are just GORGEOUS little babies! They are going to be such cuties! I wish I could hold them and give em all kisses! Great photos!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 08:45 PM
laugh often

EEEkkk, so cute. Kinda makes me miss having little babies around. haha.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Ok, here is one of my babies, she's 3 colors, I tried my best to get a pic, but she's a wiggle worm. Her head is a tan/beige, and the verigated stripe down her back is dark blue/black. The tail ring is blue/black as well.

Do you think she will molt out of this?

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

~W.C. Fields
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

aww there all really adorable

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Ratties turn so many different colors as they molt so it is hard to say! But, boy is she just the prettiest little thing! I love her white spot on top of her head, surrounded by that beautiful tan colored fur..what a cutie pie!!!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Those are the cutest, chubbiest babies EVER!!!!! And that last one, she is a doll! I'm not sure if she will molt out of the variegated color on her back, because my Russell has that same color pattern down his back, and he has a gray hood and a blaze. His blaze got a bit thinner once he got his adult fur, but the variegation never went away. She might stay like that---I think she's super cute!!!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks! She's a sweetie, and one of the boys is quite a trouble maker...now that he's got his eyes open he won't stay where his mother tells him to!

~W.C. Fields

Tags
rat babies