Few Q's :) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Question Few Q's :)

Ok well my babies are growing up ALOT LOL
But i am wondering what this means when they do it ..
Like i would chase them about their room with my hands and they POP about like jump and skip ? does that mean they are happy and are playing or does it mean like they want me to leave them alone because they keep coming back for me to do it again LOL ?

And also when i play with toto like touch him when he is popping about he turns round like he is going to play NIP me but he doesn't does that mean i am annoying him ? but he comes back to my hand for me to do it again .

And last one well i know most of you knew i paniced about them fighting alot but its calmed down alot and they play and tumble about now but also i think toto has got a new play MOVE LOL he KICKS!!! he kicks novo with his back legs is he still playing ?
I have to say i go in stitches when he does it and novo just keeps playing on with him NOVO always starts it tho

Thanks hope you's give me some of your great answers as usual xxxx

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Vwelll... I think it's fine, Husky and Arthur will try and bite of my nails and sometimes they will put there mouth around my finger, but never draw blood. sound fine, they are just play fighting. You could try and like pounce on them with your hand and tickle them to playfight, should be good lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Thats what i do and they love it they keep coming back for more aha their to funny Thanks for the reply

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Adolescent Pup

it just sounds like rattie play fighting...i don't think you have anything to worry about

Ratties Rock My World!
My Zoo
Spring,Lynard,Georgia,Teddy,7 of Minnie's children, 2 dwarf rats and our rabbit Charlie
*Proud Rat Owner Since 2005*
RIP Ratties
Raven,Gracie,Chloe,Roxanne,Brandy,August, Nicki, Lulu,Lainey,Minnie,Edward,Jasper
RIP Lance We Still Miss You

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 06:36 PM

They're just playing. Isn't it cute to watch?? I love watching my new baby boys rumbling and tumbling and pouncing and nipping and squeaking and generally having a good ol time.

The kicking can be him telling his brothers "stopit! I dun wanna play!" but it's nothing worth interfering. If he starts squeaking while kicking it means he's irritated. Imagine little kids; "I dont wanna" "But its fun and cool and look!" "But I Dont Wanna!" "Come try it! Its Really Fun!" "I Dont Want To!!!"
If you want to interfere you can, but you don't have to. They can handle it themselves. My rats kick all the time but never attack out of anger. It's sort of like people; they'll put up with it even though the other is doing something terribly annoying.

My boy Bubbles loves to play with me. I'll cup my hand over his head and shake him and he'll go bouncing (or "bubbling") off, then u-turn and come right back for more. Sometimes when he's being a big lazy squishball I'll roll him around the floor the same way that you'd roll a burrito. He'll even let me lol! Bubbles also loves to play with my dog. She'll hop over to him like a bunny, stop right in front of him and then fling him a couple of inches off the ground with her nose. He'll then bolt right at her face, grab her ears in his hands and stick his head right into her mouth. She'll move her head away then start tumbling him around the room, and he'll try to weave in and out of her feet to make her tumble too. It's so cute to watch. I'll have to get it on video one of these days.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 04:42 AM
Will It Ever Change?

the jumping/skipping is called popcorning! it means they're thrilled!! way to go! you're a great rat mommy the play nipping is him trying to wrestle with you. just take your hand, turn him over and tickle his belly or bum, rat wrestle back! and the kicking is just ratty play. rats love to wrestle and it's super fun to watch!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

OMG popcorning HAHAHAHA that sounds so cute ive never heard of that before !!!
Yeah i will crouch down low and chase after them with my hands and face and my boyfriend just stands and looks at me funny HAHA i don't care i love it.
Its like playing with 2 todlers Thanks mulder i always love to see them happy and omg guess what happened last night apart from TOTO's accident ?
Novo came over to me took my hand in his mouth sat on my hand and groomed all my fingers one by one !!!!
I was so thrilled i have never had an experiance like it and i hope it won't be the last !!!
Does any of your guys groom you ?
Last night was my first it was AMAZING !

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 03:05 PM

You're part of the pack now. When they start to groom you it means they accept you as a rat =). Louie grooms me, and everyone else, til our hands are soaking wet.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Will It Ever Change?

my timmy grooms me all the time. he'll go up my nose if i let him lol

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

HAHAHA omg that is soo cuteee !
my toto tries to bite my ear off LMAO
he tries and pulls it off hes obsessed !