flora and i had a special moment - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Red face flora and i had a special moment

when i got my two rats they were both not very socialized. they are litter mates and bestest friends. fern, the silky straight fur rat, warmed up after just afew days living with us. my fiance (yeah we got engaged!!) got attached to her and now calls her "favorite one." i dont like that because i felt that flora would be left out. but i found myself drawn toward her, our shy rex beauty. we have had them for 3 or 4 weeks now and her shyness has improved so much! now, when we have them out she explores rather than hiding. with fern and flora they first saw me i think as someone who gives them food and plays with them, i longed for them to show some sign of affection towards me not just the treats. today flora decided i wasnt just something that gave them food but a friend! i went to the cage to get her out, simon had fern out already, and picked her up. now that she is less shy she ussually races off to go look at things but not this time. she just sat on my lap and chittered at me and started preening the little blonde hairs on my arms!! then crawled up to my sholder and preened my hair too!! after that she has been responding to me how she responds to fern and will actually wrestle with me and she plays pee-a-boo when she is tunneling in the sheets!!
she finally sees me as a friend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 04:13 PM
I am allergic to maths

Awww! Thats so sweet!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 04:42 PM

It's a great feeling when the furry friends show that level of trust, I am pleased for you!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Aww thats adorable!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Part of the Pack

its great when something like that happens. no offence to hamsters, but you don't really get that with them! moments like these are why we put up with everything being shredded and still call them our favourite pets.... at least for me anyway...

Pets name: Cheryl

Pets name: Kimberley

Babies:
rats: girls:belle, beauty and sweetness Boys: ronnie and oscar
Dogs: Cassie, Jazzmin and Buddy
Cat: Pebbles
Hamster: Skye
gerbils: Tremor and Sparkle
quails
chickens
9 ducks
3 guinea fowl

R.I.P. Cheryl & Kim
:, scabbyquail
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

yeah im so exited. with my rats, i had three males. as youngsters they were active and learned all sorts of tricks and as they grew over they slowed down and became squishy cuddle buddies that would curl up on my lap, shoulder, or crook of my arm and take naps followed by a mutual preening session and then another nap. when i was sick i had them out and fell asleep, i was worried when i woke up they would have run off but all of them were curled up in a ball on my tummy! it took about a month for us to start mutual grooming and other signs of attachment. i guess thats how long it took flora too. because she is female i think the cuddle naps might happen less but im so very happy about her finnaly seeing me as a friend
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Part of the Pack

thats so nice

give your love no matter what.

Tags
friend, happy, rat