A full year... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

A full year...

Today marks the one-year anniversary of Russell's passing. I've been thinking about him all day long, but tonight I had a special moment that I wanted to share with you all.

I made a bit of yogurt with some dried fruit/granola for dessert just now, and as I was mixing it in my bowl, the sound of the spoon on the ceramic suddenly took me back to Russell in the last part of his life. In his later months, he was almost constantly on antibiotics, and he also needed some additional food throughout the day in order to keep his weight on, so I used to mix his ABs in baby rice cereal. He LOVED the stuff, and I would always heat it in the microwave, then mix in the ABs. When he heard the sound of the spoon hitting the ceramic bowl, he would run out into his playpen and onto his big furry bag, and wait--not at all patiently! haha!--for me to bring it over to him.

Tonight I remembered that for the first time in a long, long time, and it made me smile. As crazy as it may sound, I feel like it was Russell, somewhere out there, getting all excited once more at the sound of that spoon in the bowl. It is a very dear memory to me, and he will always be a special part of my life.

In his memory: Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh Breyer....that was so touching, and it is so funny (not in a funny way, but in an ironic way) because when I read your post, I was thinking of how close that is to Achilles and Maximus.

They both LOVE Gerber Baby Rice Cereal too and when I put that in their little dual tray plate to mix it up for them, they also hear the spoon clinking on the ceramic and they go nuts because they know they are getting their rice cereal.

It was so similar to what you wrote and I thought, "Our babies are all interconnected somehow" on a certain level. Like the way I see Wolfgang in Maximus, and Klausse in Achilles. I can totally see how you had such a precious moment when that happened with the spoon and the dish.

I will be thinking of Russell today. I miss him and Stanley too, very much. I know they are both happy and together, but we still miss them. I am sure they are playing with Custard and showing her around, yes?

Kisses and ear scritches to my two beautiful nephews and to Custard as well. We all love you kiddos.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.