Fur Problem - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Fur Problem

Hey,

Well, as most of you know, I recently separated my two fancy mice. Well, now Smokey (the male) has some sort of skin problem. I noticed a tender spot on him when I was separating them, but I assumed it was a bite from Decibel. Well, the spot is getting larger and larger (it is now about 1/4 of an inch in diameter) with some sort of yellow marking over (in place of?) the skin, and I have noticed that the hind half of his body has started turning red and bumpy. Is my mouse dying? is there anything I can try to do? Could this possibly be wounds from Decibel from before I separated them? I can post pics later if anyone thinks it would help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Adolescent Pup

It sounds like either mites or a staph infection, tho' I'm not sure mice can get those. My dog had one once and it sounded like that. Staph infections are pretty bad. Anyway I really can't say what it is exactly as I am not a vet. So of course my advice would be get him to a vet ASAP! If it is mites you can get mite treatment from the vet which you will prob have to use on Decible as well. If it is an infection of some kind he will need antibiotics. Like I said whatever it is definately needs a vet's attention. Good Luck and let us know how he is.

Tags
fancy mice