G.G.M.R syndrome - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
Obsessed with Criss Angel

Talking G.G.M.R syndrome

Well I must confess,I'm completely rat (& MOUSE) obsessed now.
I decided I can't just have two of each any longer
Was hoping someone knew of Canadian rat & mouse RESCUES or breeders?
I prefer rescues first...but breeders are good too...
Different colors would be nice I'm not asking for rare colors,just different colors because if I get a bazillion black hooded rats...going to be tricky to tell them apart!
So can anyone help me find new friends for my ratsies& miceys?
Links?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 06:14 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyraver
Well I must confess,I'm completely rat (& MOUSE) obsessed now.
I decided I can't just have two of each any longer
Was hoping someone knew of Canadian rat & mouse RESCUES or breeders?
I prefer rescues first...but breeders are good too...
Different colors would be nice I'm not asking for rare colors,just different colors because if I get a bazillion black hooded rats...going to be tricky to tell them apart!
So can anyone help me find new friends for my ratsies& miceys?
Links?

Where you do live candyraver? I live in Toronto, and often hear of rats needing homes around Canada, plus I moderate some facilities (shelters, humane societies...) on a shelter rat forum.

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Haha, I've become mouse obsessed lately myself. I'm having trouble finding a good breeder here, though, and there aren't any in shelters.

Have you checked petfinder?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilspaz68
Where you do live candyraver? I live in Toronto, and often hear of rats needing homes around Canada, plus I moderate some facilities (shelters, humane societies...) on a shelter rat forum.
I live in Newfoundland
I'd greatly prefer a shelter or rescue rat if at all possible.
I might be able to travel to pick rats up in some provinces or pay to get them here.One province I'll be in this summer is Nova Scotia,but it don't cost too much to go to Toronto from here to my knowledge ...so might be able to pick them up

P.S. I'll also adopt males if they can be safely neutered (not too old& healthy).
Thanks!!

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami
Haha, I've become mouse obsessed lately myself. I'm having trouble finding a good breeder here, though, and there aren't any in shelters.

Have you checked petfinder?
Ah I forgot all about petfinder.com!! Thanks !!

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 06:37 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quote:
I live in Newfoundland
I'd greatly prefer a shelter or rescue rat if at all possible.
I might be able to travel to pick rats up in some provinces or pay to get them here.One province I'll be in this summer is Nova Scotia,but it don't cost too much to go to Toronto from here to my knowledge ...so might be able to pick them up

P.S. I'll also adopt males if they can be safely neutered (not too old& healthy).
Thanks!!
I have friends in NB and they know a rescue in NS that had a big influx of rats. The ones in NB are also trying to find good homes for some rescues as well...
I just got the pics from my NB friend for Clark's Angel Rescue (they visited and took pics recently) and I will be posting them soon on the ARC website (www.adoptaratcanada.com).

Let me know and I can contact them for you.
PM me if you want.

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 08:35 PM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

I love rats but been wanting mice again for some reason!! I had them once and miss them!! Maybe one day I will get some mice!

Your DOOMED I tells ya Melissa, there is no cure for G.G.M.R. Syndrome, it will consume your life!!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 10:16 PM
RAT ADDICT

GGMR syndrome...oh man,I have that long term and there is no cure! I tell you that for your own good!!

There are no breeders/rescues here in Newfoundland,but as you know Melissa,people often contact me with rats needing homes.Do you want me to keep my eyes open and my ears out?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

lilspaz68 - I joined your forum& I contacted one shelter,hoping to hear back from them ASAP.I only contacted them yesterday!

Vanilla_Rat - feel free to give them my e-mail address: [email protected] ^.^

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 10:18 PM
RAT ADDICT

I will do that! I shall keep my eyes open! People are always contacting me about rats they don't want or people they know abusing/neglecting rats and want me to take them.I had to turn many away,as I do not have a large enough place right now for a rescue.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

I can take in quite a few atm.I will take in all girls& even males if they can be safely neutered (not too old )

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

There are 60 needy rats in Moncton, a pile in New Brunswick...did you New Brunswick on ARC? There's links I put up to pics and descriptions.

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilspaz68
There are 60 needy rats in Moncton, a pile in New Brunswick...did you New Brunswick on ARC? There's links I put up to pics and descriptions.
I contacted a shelter in Ottawa...& no way to ship them out to me.If theres a way a shelter can ship them (I will pay the fees) I'd adopt from either shelter.I can definately try to go to another province to pick some ratties up before I go to school in September if the shelter will be ok with them living here in Newfoundland .

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 09:23 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quote:
I contacted a shelter in Ottawa...& no way to ship them out to me.If theres a way a shelter can ship them (I will pay the fees) I'd adopt from either shelter.I can definately try to go to another province to pick some ratties up before I go to school in September if the shelter will be ok with them living here in Newfoundland .
Under New Brunswick. shelters won't adopt out of province.

At the moment poor Clark has 60 rats up for adoption.

There are pics and descriptions on these links.

Please help out Clark and the rescue if you are contemplating getting some rats. :-/

Rescue Rats (boys) need Good Homes
Rescue Rats (girls) need Good Homes
Baby ratties born April 21

You could join ONRMCA and post you are looking for rats as well. Its a Canadian forum.
All these personal rescues (not shelters) are members there.

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Adolescent Pup

Ahh. Too bad you don't live near me. I am pretty sure that my new rat is pregnant. I mean, she was in a cage with males, she is old enough to get pregnant, she has a rather round prego looking belly, and well, I have had experience getting pregnant rats from there before.

Tags
black hooded