GAAAAA my heads upside down :( !!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Unhappy GAAAAA my heads upside down :( !!!

Well i wrote a thread here about toto and his weird breathing .. and today i got 2 little kittens so i moved the rats up into our bedroom and JEEZ they hate it they wont come out they wont come near me they seem so PETRIFIED i dunno what to do !!!! they where in the hall but i am moving them in our room untill we get the spare room done up for the rats to stay in!!
Please some1 help me i dunno what i am going to do they jump if i speak to loud and i brought them out of their cage down to where they normally play and novo wouldnt move of my knee and toto wondered around shaking and poo'ing on the floor twice.

I feel like a bad rattie mom because i feel like im choosing the kittens over them because i moved them.
I can't keep them down here because i can't monitor the kittens all the time and they could annoy the rats!

I feel so depressed and stressed i thought i would feel happy but i don't at all even my boyfriend knows how sad i feel.

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

it's ok just let them get used to the move, its normal for them to be a little scared

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 11:19 PM
Will It Ever Change?

plus they probably smell the cats. just give them time

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 02:23 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

they might like an extra hidey house

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 03:21 AM Thread Starter

well last night i left them alone and today i went in and they are still like this toto will eat treats from me but novo wont should i leave them alone today again i really dont know what to do ? i feel like im abandoning them !!

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 03:54 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Don't feel bad about it, this doesn't mean you've chosen the kittens over them, your just moving them so they are safe, so your actually being a good rattie mum
My rats also get a bit freaked out when they are put somewhere where they havn't been. They also poo a lot when they are in a new place, it's just nerves. Just leave them where they are and let them settle down, comfort them when you can and just do what you did when you first got them because I think that will help.
If you wanted you could leave them where the kittens are and with careful supervision get the kittens used to the rats being around and the rats used to the kittens being around so that they don't mind eachother for the future, but thats up to you

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10

Last edited by laydeerodentzz; 07-19-2008 at 03:56 AM.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

Nikita they wont come out and play with me now i open the cage and they run so what am i meant to do ? not give them excerise thats cruel!!! gaaaaaaaaa i dunno what to do.
My boyfriend says if i want he will bring them into the living room (ther cage) and put them on the table so the cats cant reach them.

But wow they are so lifeless they wont take treats wont come near me wont come out or nothing.
In a way i do feel like ive kicked them to a side and i hate myself for it!

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 09:39 AM
RAT ADDICT

Awwwww...I am sorry you feel that way.
Your not being a bad mom.

They will get used to it.
They are a little stressed because you moved them to a new area and just brought two new kittens home.They can smell the kittens and will be stressed about that.Trust me,they WILL get used to it.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Thanks van xxx

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

I moved them to the living room ontop of the dining table the kits are to small to reach there yet.
they have already calmed down but still wont come out
They havnt been out in near 2 days should i force them out or let them come out on their own ?

Its im worried about excerise and that and boredum x

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 11:20 AM

Awwe, Claire. Hun You are being way too hard on yourself. You are such a good mommy. Sending air huggies to you. o.k. I think that with bringing home any new pet, there will be changes. With your little ratties, they smell the kitties and sense danger (naturally), this is o.k.. . . they will get used to the kittens and settle back into their routine. But they can sense how upset you are too. Animals are very perceptive. So try to relax and everything will settle back down and be o.k. And before long, everyone will be enjoying everyone. Really, hun, it is going to be o.k. Awwe, I wish I could be closer to help you. You are so sweet. And as far as the rats not getting exercise for a few days while they are calming back down, I've seen the size of your cage, they will be fine. LOL. >^._.^< In the meantime, try to enjoy those two new kittens. Did you name them yet? Pictures yet? Can't wait to see them. Love you kiddo. Hang in there. Charlene
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

I think everything will be fine, I had to move my rats upstairs to my room today because we've gotten all new furneture and stuff and there was no room for them and their cage. Because Rayray and Pepper are older and more relaxed they settled in fine upstairs like everything was normal, but Husky and ESPECIALLY ARTHUR are still taking it a bit full on. Husky is Okay, but when ever I go over to the cage Arthur comes running and he is right up against the cage and if I open the door he will push his way out and run off, he won't sleep at the moment and when i try to pick him up he squeaks at me, but he doesn't struggle. So I know a bit what your going through now because I feel bad about my hamster LOL, but he is fine. I think you should let them out where it is safe and maybe in a place where the kittens havn't been, don't force them out, just open their cage and try to encourage them. If they are in something which can be rempved easily from the cage, what I would do is take it out with them in it and place it on the floor and let them have a sniff. If they don't come out it's up to them, but it's a start. If they do start to come out then try to stay silent and still because you said they are jumpy and if they come out they'll quickly make a retreat. GOOD LUCK XxX

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys.
I actually think they have a cold or something because they are making a weird breathing noise im going to contact my vet asap on monday.

Well as for letting them out.
I brung them downstairs in the hall their usuall play place and they clung to me with their claws so sore and paniced ran everywhere pee'd poo'd JEEZ they freaked but the cats wernt even near them.

They will not come out if i lift them they try and get back into their cage so im going to let them come to me.

Thanks charlene you always make me smile
I love you to hunie xxxxxxx

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

I moved the rats back to their normal place and they are still like this siting at the corner of the cage wont come out i lifted them out they ran and scratched me and everything i don't know what i am going to do i think im going to pass out with all this stress i think ive made the wrong choice adopting the kittens im so attatched to them already and i love my rats more then anything.
Its been 2 days from they havnt came out its cruel seeing them siting there!

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Aw, I'm sorry

You should give them at the very least a week to adjust. You've moved them a few times so they have to adjust each time. They are also probably pouting. Just talk to them and they eventually get over everything that's new, but it takes time. Be patient and everything will work out