gaaaahhh my gawd! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

gaaaahhh my gawd!

ok so first of all, when we went to the petstore my mom said i can get the rats after i do all of my chores not skipping out on one for a week. i did, when i finished them yesterday i asked if we could go get a few rats. she said no, as a easter present. which is around april 12th. so i was like grrrrrrrrrrr. but then just thismorning she said, if we get a rat or any other pet were only going to get 1. and thats when i got mad, because its like she is trying to make me not get rats. and she "forgot" that i said a week earlier, if i get a rat mom were getting 2. and she said ok. its just amazing how, just, dumb my mom can be at sometimes.
Now im not sure if i even want a rat now but ill keep trying

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 01:26 PM
I am allergic to maths

Give a rat a home, even if you can only get 1 you are still rescueing a rat from the dreaded pet store! I think your mum is trying to make you not get a rat and get a week of chores out of you, dont give her the satisfaction!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Do not get one rat. Get 2 or none at all.

If your mom isn't willing to get the one rat, is she willing to get the rat to a vet if its sick? Some rats come home from the petstore sick and will die if you don't get to the vet. Is she willing to pay for this too?

and there's no such thing as "rescuing" from a petstore unless you adopt and no money changes hands. BUYING from a petstore is just that, you are lining the pockets of the petstore owner and the rat mills.

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I totally agree.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 02:04 PM
I am allergic to maths

I agree, im sorry, when I wrote my first post I was angry at my dad so you know...
I think rats need freinds as they are sociable creatures, if you are paying and they are living in your bedroom and you take care of them then you should be allowed to get two! As for what I said about ''rescueing them from the dreaded pet store'', I meant so that they can get someone that will take care of them before they get ill but I do know what you mean, he is saving for vet costs as he said in his prevouis thread, $300 a month.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

yes, i am saving 300 dollars a month, and im going to talk my mom into 2, because i had 2 before and they were no problem. i dont care if i even have to wait 6 months, im going to get 2 if im getting them

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

also i think rodents rule was trying to say save them from being feeders or a horrible home

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 03:12 PM

buying a rat from a pet shop isn't rescuing, it is just making way for more rodent farm profit.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 03:43 PM

i know this sounds mean but hear me out.
why not wait until you have your own house and a nice career (if thats what you want to do) so you dont have to worry about your mom saying no, or even saying yes but then backing down on taking it to the vet.
waiting sucks i know, but its your future rats' best interest at heart, ya know?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 03:48 PM
I am allergic to maths

The point I was trying to get across was that, even though rats in rescue dont have a home they are well enough cared for, whereas rats in a pet store arent, if they arent bought they will probably spend most of their life ill and die early, but feel free to disagree because
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

yeh. but i dont want to wait 8 years to get a rat, im only 14, and by the time i finish collage ill be 22 (i hope) i dont really want to wait that long

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

I agree with pfftitskat,
Maybe wait until your a little older and you can make your own mind up? because there is FAR to many pets being bought then when they fall ill they arnt being taken to a vet because parents wont allowed it. When i was 16 i wanted rats, my mom told me to wait untill im older then i can make my own mind up. So wen i turned 17 she realised that i WAS going to pay for everything myself. And i got some. And YES rats can get sick and vet bills may pile up as i have seen myself. But PLEASE do not get them if your parents arn't to bothered because then they might not be BOTHERED to take them to a vet.
And DO NOT! get one rat. 2/3 is the limit

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

i know, but i have money! i have 300 dollars a month and if thats not enough i can get 500 dollars a month, i mean for a 14 year old 100 dollars a month is alot. and then ive been saving up for 3 months so i have 900 dollars saved up for rats, i have made up my mind and i really want these rats. im going to make another post to prove to my mom that you need to get 2 rats, if you want you can post

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Part of the Pack

If your own money is saved up for vet bills, I don't see why you can't get your own rats. Also factor in the bedding and food which can get expensive. I'd keep at least 300.00 in a savings account for a rainy day, however, JUST for possible vet bills.

Caprice Acres

NMGA miniature meat goats, Silver Fox and NZW Rabbits, Muscovy ducks, several breeds of chickens, fancy mice and rats in Michigan
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

yes defently

Tags
angry, mom wont let me, rat