Gestation Period for Mice - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Loopy AppleNose

Gestation Period for Mice

Well, despite my efforts to keep my male mouse and female mouse seperated, they somehow climbed over their seperation wall. It's been about a week, and the female is fat, lumpy, and lazy. I'm thinking she is pregnant. My question is, how long will it be until the babies are born? I've only had baby mice once before, and that was years ago. Thanks.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (1 Corinthians 13:4)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Currently reading: Light in August by William Faulkner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 02:35 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

I could be wrong & it might depend on what kind of mice... but I think it's about 3 weeks.

What ya gonna do with the babies?

~ Jodi ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Loopy AppleNose

Thanks. I guess I'll just give them away to my friends, like I did last time. I'm going to keep the originals, though. Last time, I kep two babies and got rid of the adults. My mice are just normal mice. I think the pet store calls them Fancy Mice.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (1 Corinthians 13:4)

Currently reading: Light in August by William Faulkner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Yep, I believe it's 21 days.

Tags
baby mice, fancy mice, pet store