GGMR...Naked - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 106 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

GGMR...Naked

Heh, the thread title reminds me of an add on for a fortune cookie. "You will experience much happiness...naked".

Anyway, GGMR. It's struck.

I've been coveting hairless rats since the day I picked up my black boys and the ever pink and ever charming naked Cowboy demanded that I get over myself and quit harboring a squick against all things pink.

Nakeds are few and far between in my area, unless I go through pet stores and fly by night operations, but the only rattery within 500 miles that breeds them advertised an upcoming litter on our mutual local rat fan club soliciting among us for her wait list. I succumbed to impulse and signed up on her list. The litter is now one week old, and if all goes well, I'll have two new naked boys come December.

The breeder uses rock and roll in her naming theme, so I asked if I could choose 'dead rock stars' for my names...thus in keeping with my ghost boy mischief.

Keep your fingers crossed that I will be able to introduce to you soon Melon and Skinner, after Blind Melon and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.

Last edited by Storyseeker; 11-03-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 106 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Awwww, good luck!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #3 of 106 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 01:12 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

AWWW! I LOVE naked rats <3. Good Luck with those boys and I hope to see pics soon as you get them

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 106 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

How exciting for you! I am a classic rock fan so I love the names Skinner and Melon, cool! Can't wait to get an update.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #5 of 106 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Here's a couple of pics of the soon to be newest members of the Alabama Ghost Boys. The pics were taken by Iron Will Rattery, who works closely with the boys' birth rattery Legends of Rock Rattery.

They're two weeks old here.

Here's Skinner:

Here's Melon:

Last edited by Storyseeker; 11-13-2010 at 02:16 PM.
post #6 of 106 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! I love baby ratties!!! Are these guys going to lose their fur, then, or are they furry anyway?

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #7 of 106 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

so cuuuuute!! GGMR is AWESOME haha
post #8 of 106 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by breyer08 View Post
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! I love baby ratties!!! Are these guys going to lose their fur, then, or are they furry anyway?
Yeah. They grow their baby fuzz, but when it falls out, they never get adult fur, except for bristly face fur, which will render them all kinds of uglycute.

post #9 of 106 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

GGMR! yeahhhhhh.

post #10 of 106 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

uglycute, love it haha
post #11 of 106 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Here's the whole family:

http://legendsofrockrattery.weebly.c...t-litters.html

post #12 of 106 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Aww shucks They are mighty cuuute!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #13 of 106 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awww, such precious babies! They are beautiful!!!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #14 of 106 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Update of sorts. GGMR is an amazing thing. I was visiting my Ghost Boys' breeder site as I often do, and saw a tempting thing.

She'd bred a beautiful black eyed Siamese/Burmese litter a few weeks back. The resulting litter also ended up being entirely satin as well. She'd said the litter was for breeder placement only, so I never considered them but loved, loved loved their little smudgy shininess. Well yesterday when I went to look at the litter, she had a posting that one black eyed Siamese boy was adoptable. Legasp! So I thought, I'm already getting two baby boys, what's one more? I've got plenty of space. And he's all alone, so this way he'd have a group of boys all his own.

I emailed the breeder. She replied that not only could I have him, but would I consider adopting a younger baby from another litter of hers as well. The littlest baby is a black boy who is a half brother to Tucker and Windham.

So...um....now I'm bringing home FOUR new boys. All because I wanted one naked baby.

Last edited by Storyseeker; 11-21-2010 at 09:50 AM.
post #15 of 106 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

haha, that's GGMR for you! we want pictures as soooon as they're with you

Tags
alabama ghost boys, ggmr, naked rats, new rats