Goliath & Mira - Feb. 2008 to Dec. 22/09 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Goliath & Mira - Feb. 2008 to Dec. 22/09

My heart is aching today. I had to make decisions I hate, but it was necessary for my wonderful rats. I had Goliath and Mira helped across together. They both had a chronic respiratory condition that stopped responding to even palliative treatments. They had both gotten thin and only recently had shown signs of ”almost time”… I decided that a little bit early was much better than too late.

Mira came with her 2 sisters at about 9 weeks of age and they were mostly very spooky little black girls for quite awhile. Then sweet Mira decided that I was Good and she was a sweet little doll from then on

Goliath came to me as an extremely ill baby boy at 4 weeks of age. His owner rehomed him to me so he could get treatment or a humane end if it was needed. Goli was a bright little soul who touched a lot of people during that amazing time. A wonderful woman who lived way out of the way actually drove to get him and bring him to me. Love you Meghan!! I would’ve said there was more than 30 people rooting for him on that day and the days after as he fought his battle with illness.

But Goli lived, was neutered at 7 weeks of age and then I tried to find him a cagemate. Gah! This boy was the scaredest, rudest intro I have ever known and I was despairing on finding him a happy group. Until I brought home 3 young girls to help a friend rehome. He fell in love, and they stayed (Mira was one of them) and they became the Goli Group

Mira and Goli were both very sweet to others (unsure newcomers got licked in greeting and cuddled up to regularly until they relaxed). Mira and Goli were a wonderful pair and adored each other. After Goli’s beloved Chenoa left us, then Mira filled her place.

Teeny Goli arrives and takes over my heart

My pretty boy…he was a clown a lot like Dilbert was. Mira was much more reserved and didn’t shove her way in front of a camera.

Mira and Goli (behind) comforting new Taltos…from the ebil ratqueen Monkey.

Mira comfy on her Tonka pillow

Cheeky boy still wants to play

Goli’s sleepy

Mira with her big galoot Gavin, who was very gentle with this frail girl, but would happily bounce on anyone else.

My last pic of them, from this morning. They have rejoined Chenoa, Chara, Tonka and Monkey.

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 01:37 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

I'm so very sorry. I wish I could have met them both, they sounds like some good 'ol rats Good thing Goli got the treatment in his early days, such a cutie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

they are both such little cuties.
RIP buddies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 01:00 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I'm sorry! They're all very adorable.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Official Loofah Tester

Lots of hugs for your departed little guys. I now they had a gorgeous life with you!

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Hello Earthling

They were, and still are adorable even if they are not in their furry containers.

You gace them a good life. RIP