Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Good Rat Forums?

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  VanillaRat 
#1 ·
Don't have rats at the moment..but the forums I used to remember as being huge I can't find. Might get rats again in the future, and would love to find good forums..as I don't want to get from a pet store if I do get them (if at all possible).

#2 ·
#4 ·
grlunderrainbow said:
Thanks. Someday I really want a rattie pair again (same sex)..or trio.. but can't right now. But would like to find some rescources for breeders.
Your welcome,those are three ratty forums I am also part of.

Rats make greyt pets!! How many did you have before? Ever think of rat rescue?? Maybe you could find some reputable breeders AND some rescues to seek out some wonderful ratty companions!!

#5 ·
Yes I have had pet rats since I was a child..probably around 8 I got my first? Feeder rats.. went through alot as a kid from the store we frequented and (most likely)lost alot to Myco...or something .. Just know many didn't live long when I was little but look where they came from :( Then as an adult I've had some show quality rats for awhile..and bred those for about a year. At the most I only had a few pairs..but lotsa babies. Kept some large groups years ago, like 12 girls in a huge cage..and about that many males.. Just miss having them.
I'd rescue..but there aren't alot of rescues around here. And, due to being a chin breeder, alot of rescues for other species seem to be biased against anyone who breeds anything. Regardless of what kind of breeder I am.

#6 ·
Yeah,your right.I was in a dog forum...DOGS now,and because I bred rats,they banned me.So I understand what you mean.

I hope when you do go to get rats again,you find some wonderful little friends!

#7 ·
See what I mean? Some..not all..b.ut some..think anyone who breeds anything, must indiscriminately breed anything they get their hands on. I had applied at one dog rescue last year that had rats. They adopted out to someone else with no current pets..which I understand. The chins weren't the issue. They have my name..but they are a dog rescue so doubt they'll get anymore. But when I decided on getting a pair of cavies.. (male or female pair)..none of the Texas Cavy rescues would adopt out to someone who breeds chins. Which is sad because there are HUNDREDS Of cavies in rescues here. So I went to a breeder. I'm sure I'll find some wonderful ratties either way. I've never seen a rat that wasn't nice..unless it was a much older rat with no socialization before..and then it wasn't aggressive, just skittish .

#12 ·
Meeces said:
I highly recommend www.fancy-rats.co.uk/community/

Its UK based but has a huge amount of international members. :)
I recently joined this forum.Seems very informative and greyt...however England have different standards then USA/Canada and I am now confused about one of my rats.

I was told he was platinum,but since joining this forum,was told Milkyway is champagne...yet,he does not look like the pictures of champagne rats I have seen.

#14 ·
grlunderrainbow said:
Btw..what type of stuff is it said on Rats Rule that's not taken lightly?
Just confused. Seems like a very nice forum. RMCA by the way seems really dead. Didn't even get one reply. And aren't many posts there period to me.
The RMCA is actually pretty active.I don't go in there much,but when I do,there are always new posts and I always get replies to my posts...I mainly go in to ask about rat colors, as sometimes I get a rat and am unsure about it's color and there are ppl in that forum who know their colors...so yeah.

I like it here better tho,but the rat forum here isn't that active.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.