Melvin's fine but I won't be...sigh, got some not so good news. These 4 are so genetically prone to these eye issues, that they are going to need special care for life. They found more debris under their eyes since last week, and they examined it and found it to be mostly material. And I am going to need help with suggestions and possibly hammock makers help?
Basically they have to be in as lint free cage environment as possible.
1) no fleece, regular cotton, flannel, etc...I can put them on lint free cloths, or high thread count sheets *ouch* They have said 50% cotton/50% polyester blend is fine.
2) no litter...so no Yesterdays News, and as most of us know, nakies are Elmination Machines which means changing their cages as often as I can.
3) flushing eyes daily
4) their laundry will have to be washed separately from anyone elses
5) worst of all...Yara is going to have to be taken from Sage
I am going to have to her spayed (ovariectomy) and get her in with Norby.
6) there will still be occasional visits to the vet for eye flushes like with Lilith...
My poor poor babies
I am going to have to do a lot of things JUST for them, like buy this high count cotton and send it to hammock makers to make hammocks...could they be made in lots of layers for extra warmth for chilly nakies?
Anyone have any suggestions on anything I would LOVE to hear it.
Melvin's incision looks great, there's no post-surgical swelling at all